Rigg

I never said don’t give him any. It’s a fine balance. I think he should be coming on as a sub, we can make 5 but never do.
I heard one of the Man City players refer to the subs as the finishers and that’s what it should be the front 5 should be running themselves into the ground and then replaced with fresh legs. It’s as though he’s deliberately doing the opposite of Mowbray.
And that is exactly my point mate. He is deemed good enough to be in the first team squad as a sub so should be given some time on the pitch. I’m not talking about starting him. But give him 20 - 30 mins to give us some energy and something different. By christ we need something different. There is no excuse whatsoever for not giving him any time at all and just leaving him sitting on the bench.

As others have pointed out Speakman seems to the problem. I think he wants to develop (improve the value) of the players he brought to the club.

Developing our own players doesn’t further his reputation and ultimately think that will always come before the long term success of our club

Back