Rigg

Beale was saying he needs to be careful with him as doesnt want to expose him to early. Come on michael he isnt on the frontline in iraq for christ sakes. Its a game of football, The mags are playing a 17 year old week in week out at a much higher level then us. Just give him a go

He is being treat disgracefully. It’s almost as if we want him to leave at the end of the season and are doing what we can to make his mind up for him.

The bullshit Beale came out with a few weeks ago about seeing more of him and him getting more game time is proven to be absolute bullshit.

There is no excuse at all for him not to have been given a single minute in our last two games.

Utterly disgraceful by Beale. Shameful 🤬🤬🤬
How he can’t get on when Jobe tires in the second half is beyond me.

It's the Speakman model..other names further up the pecking order.

Rigg would be playing a lot of minutes for me.
He'd have had starts, to see how he coped.

Abysmal this Speakman model.
It’s the same with Seelt & Semedo, they should be coming on late in games,(Seelt at CB) to give the minutes.
Of course they do. But not many bigger clubs will be offering first team football.
If he plays well every week then they might do.
Unfortunately while he hasn’t signed a deal we have a tightrope to walk.
If we play him and he’s mint and leaves for free the club will be blamed.
We need to keep him interested and say next season is your time if he’s good enough.

But I think he’s not playing because he’s not over 6ft and we’ve decided we are shit at set pieces so have to play the big lads.
Even though Ekwah manages to shrink when he jumps!
Sorry mate but that’s just backward thinking. If you have what could be a generational prospect the last thing you should be doing is not play him incase he looks good & other teams want him.

Last edited:
It’s the same with Seelt & Semedo, they should be coming on late in games,(Seelt at CB) to give the minutes.

Sorry mate but that’s just backward thinking. If you have what could be a generational prospect the last thing you should be doing is not play him incase he looks good & other teams want him.
But what’s the point in only having him for 3 months. Until he signs a contract we just don’t get enough compensation if another club want him for the starting 11.
He’s very good but not good enough to guarantee us promotion. So we need to try and keep the fine balance of keeping him interested while not basically giving him away as he’s not signed his deal.

I must confess I haven’t seen enough of Rigg to be honest so don’t know what type of midfielder he is. From the ones we have played in the middle I would say Dan Neil is the only one who seems to put regular decent performances in. So who does Rigg replace.

His treatment seems to be the opposite of the model. He has so much potential, and subsequently sell on value, but just being wasted on our bench till he signs elsewhere. Disgrace and nonsensical. He’ll is, and will always be, a better player than Jobe

He is being treat disgracefully. It’s almost as if we want him to leave at the end of the season and are doing what we can to make his mind up for him.

The bullshit Beale came out with a few weeks ago about seeing more of him and him getting more game time is proven to be absolute bullshit.

There is no excuse at all for him not to have been given a single minute in our last two games.

Utterly disgraceful by Beale. Shameful 🤬🤬🤬
What is bullshit is saying we should put so much pressure on a 16 year old. Yeah he seems goo,d but to complain he should be having more game time when experienced coaches clearly think he shouldn’t is ridiculous.

He’s a boy, not the solution to our midfield problems. Maybe long term but give your head a shake!
I have no idea why Bellingham needs to start every game. I am passed the frustration stage and have just accepted that his name is locked on the team sheet document.
Who should start instead of him then and why?

Last edited:
This is fucked!

The good news is we can’t make the play offs.

So we can play the youngsters and give them a run in the final 13 games. Rigg is a must but there are others.
Riff is off we’ve fucked up so badly on this one.

If we have a chance of rectifying this I’d start him the next 10 games if needed. We have utterly nothing to play for other than learning if our youngsters are good enough to start in the championship next season.

Last edited:
He’s on the bench most weeks so must be deemed good enough to play. Therefore it’s a choice by the head coach.

Lewis Miley is only one year older and has played in the Champions League. Our very own Jobes big brother played for Birmingham in the Chamionship at 16.

If you’re good enough you’re old enough.

If you don't use him we'll loose him.

I'm not suggesting starting him, I don't think he's ready to play a starring role or needs that pressure in a side that's going through a rough time. The Miley scenario of him starting, he has or had the likes of Bruno, joelinton, longstaff etc protecting him and they do. Ours won't be able to do that.

He should at least throw him on with his energy and desire to try and impact the game in someway most of the games. He can do that very well. But to have him named on the bench do a warm up and miss u21 games to 'be around ' the team....he's passed that stage. An away game is a two day event of mainly travelling and sat in a hotel, bored. He can't go on loan, he's stuck in the transition of youth and senior. Minutes wide this season it's going to be very low in his development. Too low.

As others have mentioned why sit around and do nowt here on say £3k starting in June when he can get say £15k at Manchester United in summer? I can't see Rigg being happy at all where he's stuck, basically training a few days a week and playing 0-20 minutes. Less training and lying in a hotel room waiting to do a warm up on an away.
Being sacrificed so Speakman can suck off the Bellingham family.
So beautifully put. I agree as well as Dodds too.

If he is willing to run, track and tackle then he’ll be an upgrade on what we’ve seen the last couple of games regardless of age.

I think it’s time to find out how good the lad actually is. If he is, as some are suggesting, a real talent, he’ll cope at this level at 16.

Imagine throwing a 16 year old Michael Owen or Wayne Rooney into the 1st team, no one really knew..... but they coped ok 🤔

What is bullshit is saying we should put so much pressure on a 16 year old. Yeah he seems goo,d but to complain he should be having more game time when experienced coaches clearly think he shouldn’t is ridiculous.

He’s a boy, not the solution to our midfield problems. Maybe long term but give your head a shake!

Who should start instead of him then and why?
Who’s mentioned putting pressure on him or saying he is the solution ? No-one. What everyone other than you agrees is that the lad should be getting some time on the pitch. Beake said he was going to do that and he hasn’t . So no I won’t give my head a shake you utter buffoon.
Crawl back under whichever rock you have suddenly appeared from and leave the conversation to the grown ups !!!
But what’s the point in only having him for 3 months. Until he signs a contract we just don’t get enough compensation if another club want him for the starting 11.
He’s very good but not good enough to guarantee us promotion. So we need to try and keep the fine balance of keeping him interested while not basically giving him away as he’s not signed his deal.
He’s never going to sign a deal if he isn’t getting any game time though is he ?

Last edited:
Why the reluctance to start the kid...Jobe and Ekwah aren't pulling up any trees at the minute, tbh he'd pose more threat up front than Burstow too.
The games this season at 21s and 18s he hasn't dominated or lead in a way that would warrant a start for me, but should definitely be getting game time to come on an impact.

He hasn't played enough to get some rhythm in fairness. He's stuck between age groups. According to Transfermarket he's played 727 minutes, which is around 8 full games across 18s, 21s and 1st team. Not enough in general on the pitch for his development.

The games this season at 21s and 18s he hasn't dominated or lead in a way that would warrant a start for me, but should definitely be getting game time to come on an impact.

He hasn't played enough to get some rhythm in fairness. He's stuck between age groups. According to Transfermarket he's played 727 minutes, which is around 8 full games across 18s, 21s and 1st team. Not enough in general on the pitch for his development.
Fair point mate....the big hooha about him staying at SAFC was to get first team minutes and game time to develop, completely understand if we were flying and he was struggling to get into the starting eleven but we are most definitely not at present.

Nowt to lose imo and it would galvanise the fans to an extent but I sadly think that ship has sailed since the optimism/goodwill from Saturday's game which seems like an awful long time ago now 🙁

Back