Rigg

Fair point mate....the big hooha about him staying at SAFC was to get first team minutes and game time to develop, completely understand if we were flying and he was struggling to get into the starting eleven but we are most definitely not at present.

Nowt to lose imo and it would galvanise the fans to an extent but I sadly think that ship has sailed since the optimism/goodwill from Saturday's game which seems like an awful long time ago now 🙁
Agreed mate. I mentioned on a previous post the time away and not playing or training (at 21s) instead travelling, waiting around and not getting even minutes is criminal. That isn't going to be enough to keep him when he could literally go anywhere he wants for much more, who would blame him? He should be on most games for an impact.

I would hate to see the game pass him by mostly due to the lack of involvement in game time situations if he started. Because he's better than that and a real genuine talent. Badly managed and feels inevitable that we have resigned to loosing him.

Don't use him, loose him.

Who should start instead of him then and why?
The DCM we should’ve signed in January.

Alex Pritchard before we down tools mid season.

Seelt.

Ba.

Take your pick.

Because they have all been more effective that him when they’ve started games and Bellingham looked more useful playing against tired legs after being dropped against Plymouth.

If he is willing to run, track and tackle then he’ll be an upgrade on what we’ve seen the last couple of games regardless of age.

I think it’s time to find out how good the lad actually is. If he is, as some are suggesting, a real talent, he’ll cope at this level at 16.
It’s not his talent I’m worried about. It the fans getting on his back, which will happen.

It’s not his talent I’m worried about. It the fans getting on his back, which will happen.

It wouldn’t. When have the fans got on Neil or Clarke’s back in any kind of way? Or Patterson?
Aye.

The OP will be first in the Q when he’s on the pitch.

By OP do you mean me? Never got on a young players back at a match in the entire time I’ve been going.

Last edited:
Aye.

The OP will be first in the Q when he’s on the pitch.
Load of absolute shite. You know absolutely nothing Mag boy !!!
It wouldn’t. When have the fans got on Neil or Clarke’s back in any kind of way? Or Patterson?

By OP do you mean me? Never got on a young players back at a match in the entire time I’ve been going.
Nah. The Mag dick means me mate. He knows absolutely nothing

This is fucked!

The good news is we can’t make the play offs.

So we can play the youngsters and give them a run in the final 13 games. Rigg is a must but there are others.
Riff is off we’ve fucked up so badly on this one.

If we have a chance of rectifying this I’d start him the next 10 games if needed. We have utterly nothing to play for other than learning if our youngsters are good enough to start in the championship next season.
But we can make the play offs. I’m not saying we will (and also think we won’t) but we can..I also think the club don’t want to, so we won’t. I know what I mean (I think)

Has Jobe had a really tough time off the fanbase in the stadium? Or Ekwah?

Ba got some mind. Think that was as much aimed at Beale as him. And, contrary to popular belief on here, local lads tend to get more patience
The guy behind me absolutely hates Jobe. There’s the odd clown everywhere.

Who’s mentioned putting pressure on him or saying he is the solution ? No-one. What everyone other than you agrees is that the lad should be getting some time on the pitch. Beake said he was going to do that and he hasn’t . So no I won’t give my head a shake you utter buffoon.
Crawl back under whichever rock you have suddenly appeared from and leave the conversation to the grown ups !!!

He’s never going to sign a deal if he isn’t getting any game time though is he ?
I never said don’t give him any. It’s a fine balance. I think he should be coming on as a sub, we can make 5 but never do.
I heard one of the Man City players refer to the subs as the finishers and that’s what it should be the front 5 should be running themselves into the ground and then replaced with fresh legs. It’s as though he’s deliberately doing the opposite of Mowbray.

Over the years there have been numerous players who have started performing well at 16 , and in a higher division than ours. Rigg needs more time on the pitch. A few 30 min subs and then a few starts . It will be easy to see if he is being pushed too hard. We have nothing to lose and everything to gain as far as i can see.

Back