Rigg

Miley only got into the team because of the number of midfielders they had missing. Wouldn’t have had a sniff otherwise

Listen to his interview from earlier in the season and there’s no worry of losing him imo. He was talking about the plan for next season and being much more involved

I've seen the interview he gave at the start of the season you speak about. It doesn't alter the fact that he's had literally no game time this season. He wouldn't have expected to have been involved heavy, but I bet he was expecting some game time this season.

The lad will get a lot of better offers than us and I wouldn't be surprised with the lack of any real minutes this far, if he decides for a more money and a club higher up the food chain.

Even more minutes from the bench though. That's what Rigg himself seemed to think would happen this season. Minutes from the bench and then challenging for a starting position next season. He could be coming on for Bellingham.
I think this is the option.
Bellingham needs to worry what is coming behind him and this will give Rigg an opportunity to test himself.
We would benefit from them trying to oust each other.

How much will Rigg be worth next summer? i.e if we were to sign him and then sell him in the summer - what would he fetch in the market?

obviously its all down to his potential but ..... £10M? (Jude was £25M to Dortmund having just turned 17)

So we might give him game time, but in reality it will be our wage structure that determines whether he signs for us or elsewhere - will we pay him what a £10M player can earn?

Back