Rigg

No doubt he will leave now, the lad getting next to nothing in terms of first team opportunities which no doubt he wants.
Total failure in how he’s been handled
Signed the contract then we changed direction on his opportunity, typical Sunderland build ya up and drop you down

Said it before but he is potentially our Phil Foden. A midfield three of Neil holding with Rigg and Jobe hopefully causing havoc would be unreal to see.

I think we’re in good shape with Rigg. He must know that his game time and development is guaranteed with us for the next few years…then there’s every chance he will have outgrown us if his potential ceiling is so high. Signing pro terms with Sunderland is a good idea and we’re hardly holding him back.

Young at 17 won't be

They have just said he will get more minutes he came on in our last home game
He'll be 18 going on 19 by the end of next season. But think he'll be out on a season loan.
Cos of his age 10/8 is surly the best place for him. Just get on, get about the pitch, get involved. Big problem (I know it’s obvious to 99% of fans) we’ve got is 6 has to be more disciplined and that role suites someone a little older and wiser. Neil plays it well because he’s such a smart player but the squad is crying out for an old head next to him.

By the end of next season wouldn’t be surprised if Matty Young is out number 1, Riggs out number 8, Watsons our number 11, big suprise might be Kelly being our number 7.
I think most of us would love that scenario but unfortunately I can't see it. I hope I'm wrong.

Last edited:
Young at 17 won't be
Might not be but could easily be. Lad looks outstanding to me. Donnarumma broke into the Milan team at 16 and made his debut for Italy at 17. If we’re in the championship next season and the right conditions arise why not?

Looks the most outstanding keeper prospect we’ve ever had to me and keepers probably where we’ve had the most outstanding talent over the last 30 years. All depends on how he progresses the weaker parts of his game over the next 6 months. Shot stopping and presence are particularly outstanding for his age

Said it before but he is potentially our Phil Foden. A midfield three of Neil holding with Rigg and Jobe hopefully causing havoc would be unreal to see.

On what Ive seen so far this season Jobe will never cause havoc. Rigg should be starting ahead of him.

Might not be but could easily be. Lad looks outstanding to me. Donnarumma broke into the Milan team at 16 and made his debut for Italy at 17. If we’re in the championship next season and the right conditions arise why not?

Looks the most outstanding keeper prospect we’ve ever had to me and keepers probably where we’ve had the most outstanding talent over the last 30 years. All depends on how he progresses the weaker parts of his game over the next 6 months. Shot stopping and presence are particularly outstanding for his age
Comparing him to a keeper no matter what his talent like is very very premature no keepers play at our level anywhere near his age look how much patto gets slated by some after a couple of mistakes.

I'm not sure as I don't really follow every clubs academy and prospects etc but I bet each club has their own success story here and there.

Can't say I'm an avid watcher of mags matches but it's been a story you could hardly miss as he was plastered everywhere but it's a good example of if your good enough your old enough.

No doubting the academy they are miles behind.

Miley only got into the team because of the number of midfielders they had missing. Wouldn’t have had a sniff otherwise
Needs to get some minutes or we will lose him.

He can go sit on the bench or play U23 football for much more money at a higher level than here. We just lost a lad in this window who was highly regarded.

Listen to his interview from earlier in the season and there’s no worry of losing him imo. He was talking about the plan for next season and being much more involved

Last edited:
Comparing him to a keeper no matter what his talent like is very very premature no keepers play at our level anywhere near his age look how much patto gets slated by some after a couple of mistakes.
People can have differences of opinions in football but people slagging Patto are just laughably wrong.

I member watching Buffon at Parma and Donnarumma at Milan and they both had a weakness on crosses when then first came through, in particular corners but their shot stopping ability and presence in goal meant they were right to be number 1.

Its just very obvious to me that Young is a special talent and we’re in the championship, never has been or will be the level of seria A or playing for your country. When he’s ready he’s ready. If we don’t go up this year then I’d be expecting big offers for Patto and I hope Young gets his chance straight with us, with an experienced head as number 2 incase he needs a spell out.

Back