Rice (cos I'm thick as)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Its fairly difficult to get close to 2.5k cals I'm finding. (without being a greedy fatty buster).

Today I've pouched two eggs, a whole packet of salmon, a tomato salad, a tin of mackerel in chilli oil, a protein shake, a banana and an apple and I'm nowhere near according to my calculations.

Its fairly difficult to get close to 2.5k cals I'm finding. (without being a greedy fatty buster).

Today I've pouched two eggs, a whole packet of salmon, a tomato salad, a tin of mackerel in chilli oil, a protein shake, a banana and an apple and I'm nowhere near according to my calculations.

Well aye, if you insist on eating small amounts of calorie sparse foods you will find it tough :lol:

If you eat a few chips and crisps but still end up below your maintenance you are not going to end up fat. That's a fact.

If you could somehow eat enough eggs and oily fish to go over then you'd get fatter.

Well aye, if you insist on eating small amounts of calorie sparse foods you will find it tough :lol:

If you eat a few chips and crisps but still end up below your maintenance you are not going to end up fat. That's a fact.

If you could somehow eat enough eggs and oily fish to go over then you'd get fatter.

See, I like you marra, cos you basically advise to pile through the bait (I'm actually a human bin if I let the shackles off but I'm trying to be healthy at the same time :lol:)

See, I like you marra, cos you basically advise to pile through the bait (I'm actually a human bin if I let the shackles off but I'm trying to be healthy at the same time :lol:)

I do pile through the bait and there's no way I could do it unless I ate loads of potatoes and bread every day. But still, there is no difference between a 300-500 kCal excess of boiled sweet potato and a 300-500kCal excess of chips. Yet one is often misconstrued as healthier. Yes there's a debate to be had over fried foods and all that but in terms of weight gain/loss it makes no difference at all.

So what I'm trying to say, really, is that if you struggle to eat 2,500 kCal then don't worry about having a few mars bars to make up the extra. It's fine to base the main part of your diet around 'good' foods (note the inverted commas) but have some calorie dense 'shite' every now and then.

I do pile through the bait and there's no way I could do it unless I ate loads of potatoes and bread every day. But still, there is no difference between a 300-500 kCal excess of boiled sweet potato and a 300-500kCal excess of chips. Yet one is often misconstrued as healthier. Yes there's a debate to be had over fried foods and all that but in terms of weight gain/loss it makes no difference at all.

So what I'm trying to say, really, is that if you struggle to eat 2,500 kCal then don't worry about having a few mars bars to make up the extra. It's fine to base the main part of your diet around 'good' foods (note the inverted commas) but have some calorie dense 'shite' every now and then.

I've been scared into fearing too many carbs, that's the problem. Saying that, on Sunday I was piling through desserts (the missus and her mam both left theirs) so its not a completely strict diet.

Is it bollocks! Bloody easy man, which has only highlighted how many calories I must have been munching away on before I started recording things.

For the record, this thread has highlighted something pretty important. I've never really given this much thought in the past and I reckon I would automatically assume it was the dry weight. Thankfully I haven't been cooking much pasta or rice.

Is it bollocks! Bloody easy man, which has only highlighted how many calories I must have been munching away on before I started recording things.

For the record, this thread has highlighted something pretty important. I've never really given this much thought in the past and I reckon I would automatically assume it was the dry weight. Thankfully I haven't been cooking much pasta or rice.

Not when eating a diet of "good" foods is what I meant. Full pack of salmon gives you boatloads of protein for only 50 odd cals. Mental.

Not when eating a diet of "good" foods is what I meant. Full pack of salmon gives you boatloads of protein for only 50 odd cals. Mental.

Salmon is quite calorific, to only have 50 cals it must be a very small packet

Frijj is clearly an idiot from this thread, wish someone from his uni would read this thread, he'd be out of there before they got the top off his bottle of despies

I have no problem at all hitting 2,500 with only "good" foods like. There's a lot of good food out there which is calorific.

How small is that pack of salmon you're having? Like 50 grams???

Salmon is quite calorific, to only have 50 cals it must be a very small packet

Frijj is clearly an idiot from this thread, wish someone from his uni would read this thread, he'd be out of there before they got the top off his bottle of despies

Nah mate, to only have 50 you have to be stupid like me. The info was per 30g so I actually had 540 cals at lunch :lol:

I have no problem at all hitting 2,500 with only "good" foods like. There's a lot of good food out there which is calorific.

How small is that pack of salmon you're having? Like 50 grams???

As I said, fucked up royally :lol:

All this gymming and upping protein is a nightmare. I used to just eat and not move a muscle and be nice and trim. Now I'm eating more cals than ever it seems and I'm going to end up a fat fucker :lol:

Have some salmon and rice, both are very low in calories allegedly

:lol: ffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back