Rice (cos I'm thick as)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, well the consensus here is that you're right, so maybe you actually are right and I've been not been eating enough, 2.2k still seems awfully high mind
I'm doing about 2k cals a day at the moment, no meaningful regular exercise though. I put about 3lbs on last week on holiday eating and drinking what I liked though.

I'm probably twice your height though.

It's this belly fat. Skinny arms, average legs, but a belly :confused: :lol:

I know you said weights and that like so I should really be doing that

Fat loss is systemic. You can't spot target your stomach for fat loss.

And yes, lift weights, have a slight calorie deficit (if any at all in the early stages of training) and you will notice a change for the better in the way you look.

A net intake of 1,000 kCal/day is too low for an average sized man, especially in your 20s.

Where on earth have you go the idea of dieting like this from?

This 100%. Anything just under 2000 should see a nice steady loss for a lad your age. 1000 kcal a day will dissolve your body, in fact I bet you will burn muscle faster that fat that low on kcals.

I'm 5'9" and 10st 4lb and I eat roughly 2,240 kcal to maintain weight. 1,000 sounds ridiculous, you'll waste away. You remind me of my idiot Yank mate who was going to the gym every day and living off two apples. Ludicrous.

Just apply a bit of logic man.

If you're boiling 170g of which contains x kCal, where would the hypothetical additional kCal be coming from?

The question is not as stupid as it sounds......Just looking at a packet rice now

It says 100g as prepared is 151 cals

1/2 pack (50g) cooked is 181 cals which means the whole pack is 360 cals despite only adding water.

Confused me for a good while and I dont consider myself particularly dense (although Im sure others do) :?:

The question is not as stupid as it sounds......Just looking at a packet rice now

1/2 pack (50g) cooked is 181 cals which means the whole pack is 360 cals despite only adding water.

Confused me for a good while and I dont consider myself particularly dense (although Im sure others do) :?:

He worded the original question very badly and I thought he meant something slightly different. What he was actually confused about wasn't so bad.

It's because it weighs more once it's cooked. So when it says 100g of cooked rice is 100 cal then it's right.

You'll only need 33g of raw rice to make 100g cooked rice though.

Cooking it isn't making it more calorific, it's simply making it heavier. A raw single grain of rice will have roughly the same calories as a cooked grain of rice, it'll weigh a third of the cooked weight though.

Last edited:
It's because it weighs more once it's cooked. So when it says 100g of cooked rice is 100 cal then it's right.

You'll only need 33g of raw rice to make 100g cooked rice though.

Cooking it isn't making it more calorific, it's simply making it heavier. A raw single grain of rice will have roughly the same calories as a cooked grain of rice, it'll weigh a third of the cooked weight though.

Figured that out in the end, sadly it took many many months ha ha :oops::oops:

I give up rice ages ago. Too many cals. Our lass got a tip from one of her forums about using cauliflower minced up to fuck in the food processor then baked off in the oven.

Sounds f***ing rotten, but works a treat, especially if you're eating something hot, or with a sauce. Swap 300+ calories for about 45ish..

I give up rice ages ago. Too many cals. Our lass got a tip from one of her forums about using cauliflower minced up to fuck in the food processor then baked off in the oven.

Sounds f***ing rotten, but works a treat, especially if you're eating something hot, or with a sauce. Swap 300+ calories for about 45ish..

Can just use a grater then put spices on and fry it for a minute or so. Actually suprisingly nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back