Retirement - what age you going

All things being equal, I’ll work full time in this job until 55 when the mortgage will have been paid off and the youngest finished uni. I’ll go down to part time and work only half the year from then on, until I’m ready to pack in completely.

These sort of lads survive on a pouch of baccy n 4 ace a day man.
Its those energy drinks aswell during the day aswell .
Go to the shop aswell and spend what they have earned on bait the thick kernts

will brexit hit you ex-pats ? one of our lads has lived in spain past 10 year now

Totally up in the air as far as we can make out. If you listen to TM she talks a lot about the rights of EU migrants domiciled in Britain but seems very careful not to give similar guarantees to Brits retired abroad.
Any crumbs of comfort have come more from the Spanish PM than our own.
Big worries is the reciprocal health arrangements -if they go then there will be a lot stranded particularly as pre existing conditions mean private health insurance is prohibitive. The Gib border- nothing seems settled. Then I suspect the OAP will be capped as it has been previously for Commonwealth pensioners.
Worst case we may have to move back for 6 months and a day each year -if we can afford to do that- or possibly contribute directly to the Spanish Social Security system. We´ll just have to wait and see I guess.

Know a lad who kicked a piece of leather around a field for 13 year then jacked in set comfortably for life.

Mental really when you consider the endless decades of graft normal folk do, as us daft twats fund that ffs!:lol:

:lol: I know what you mean, but it’s my optimum time to go off and still think I’d be too young to stop working altogether.

;)

Ferk that. Feel like ive already fitted 50 years graft into 23!

they do now , but even then they do the school runs 5 days a week :lol: , she just blows loads of cash on them instead of spending time with them, shit mam really

So the children live with the grandparents despite the mother having her own property? Thats pretty weird like.

Grandparents doing the school run is extremely common though

Last edited:
Harsh that like. She might be mortgaged up and have no choice.
She didn’t have to have three kids

Totally up in the air as far as we can make out. If you listen to TM she talks a lot about the rights of EU migrants domiciled in Britain but seems very careful not to give similar guarantees to Brits retired abroad.
Any crumbs of comfort have come more from the Spanish PM than our own.
Big worries is the reciprocal health arrangements -if they go then there will be a lot stranded particularly as pre existing conditions mean private health insurance is prohibitive. The Gib border- nothing seems settled. Then I suspect the OAP will be capped as it has been previously for Commonwealth pensioners.
Worst case we may have to move back for 6 months and a day each year -if we can afford to do that- or possibly contribute directly to the Spanish Social Security system. We´ll just have to wait and see I guess.
How difficult is it to get Spanish citizenship?

Retiring and then looking after grand kids is not my ideal scenario of retirement. Fuck that as my offspring know. Old fashioned attitude I know. But wtf

Back