Restaurant Etiquette

• Thread starter Deleted member 30053
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know a fella this happened to, but with lamb instead of beef. He excused himself and ran to the nearest boots and bought three boxes of laxatives. He necked all three boxes, ran back to the restaurant but only ate the vegetables, carrots, broccoli, cabbage etc. Then he waited and waited and waited until he was shaking, climbed up into the air conditioning shaft and crawled around until he found the managers office. He said, serve me overdone lamb will you? And dropped his guts through the fan onto the managers head. Then he paid the bill on his American Express card and went home.

Hate it when stuff like that happens. Because your meal out is ruined no matter what comes next.
You've already waited far too long, so you know it'll take ages to get a replacement - by which time you're both eating your meals separately, which ruins the point.

I would call Gordon Ramsay and get him to come and shout at the staff and owners, give the place a makeover, change the menu, have a disastrous re-launch followed by a great success and then we'd both disappear into the night. He's like that, it's just the way he is.

Option A and I’d also send the rest of my parties food back to be served together and fresh. Isn’t that hard to cook a steak to a required level, especially the gap between rare to well is about 15 minutes. You pay top money to eat out together, isn’t that difficult. Or I’d have refused my meal, let the rest eat and got a kebab on the way back

You go to a restaurant where you are considered a regular and you ask for a rare steak and it comes out well done. Massively busy night for the place. Took over an hour for the bait to arrive as well but you can tell they are stowed off and all the staff are being champion. Do you send the steak back - cos you go in all the time and it’s not cooked to order - or do you eat it and say it was nice? I took option B cos I was hungry and couldn’t be arsed with the carry on. Or are you an option A? And if so for what reason? One of my mates would 100% be a kernt and demand his 20 bar back or make them re-do it.

Look at me, when I go out for a meal i order steak, pathetic

Politely send it back without being an arsehole.

I work as a chef sometimes, and I'd far rather someone sent their steak back to have it how they'd want than have someone eat it and not enjoy it, especially if it's my mistake - however busy we might be.

If a regular place, as in being going years and know them well enough, I'd have taken it on the chin, times are tough as it is these days, but on the way out I would have mentioned it in passing to someone on the staff I knew. Just saying it wasn't as ordered, but next time I'll hope it it as ordered sort of thing.
Either ask them to provide a replacement before eating or dont bother. Unless its a family owned joint I doubt the member of staff you tell on the way out will give a shit, let alone remember for the next time you are in.

Always explain the problem when you discover it. Nothing to be done or achieved after the fact. Any decent chef or waiter wants the customer to enjoy their experience and will endeavour to swiftly rectify an issue or mistake. Forget about worrying if they'll do anything to your food - that doesn't happen, though may be joked about.

If it matters to you that the steak is well done, send it back as soon as you get it. When I was waiting on people, a mis-steak would be rectified without so much as a question from the staff, and there would be a reduction on the bill for having had to send it back.

If you don't tell them it's wrong, they'll just learn that it's ok to fuck up, because no-one seems it back anyway. Cook the steak however you like, Chef, they'll eat anything.

I wouldn't thank you for any steak these days, but back in the day I'd be ordering it well done and sending it back if it was undercooked.

Reactions: PTR
If it matters to you that the steak is well done, send it back as soon as you get it. When I was waiting on people, a mis-steak would be rectified without so much as a question from the staff, and there would be a reduction on the bill for having had to send it back.

If you don't tell them it's wrong, they'll just learn that it's ok to fuck up, because no-one seems it back anyway. Cook the steak however you like, Chef, they'll eat anything.

I wouldn't thank you for any steak
these days, but back in the day I'd be ordering it well done and sending it back if it was undercooked.

I love steak but I wouldn't thank you for a well done steak

How it could have gone for the OP in a parallel universe. Talk about the entitled generation.
I saw that yesterday. Can't help but doubt these things sometimes. I can't believe people really can be such thunderkunts. But it makes great viral marketing.

I Generally go out for the company not the food .I could probably pick away at most meals dining out but i just eat and generally enjoy.On family occasions my brother seems to find fault with everything due to the fact he normally pays peanuts in crap places and it kills him to spend any more .Errors or poor service i tend to let go once then if more stuff happens i chirp up .

Was in a posh pub on Dartmoor or Exmoor and asked for Veggie Curry, came with prawns sticking out all over. I never moan but said I can’t eat that I’m veggie, hence the veggie curry request. Got another one which I’m sure they pulled prawns out, probably spat in it and sent it back. Was very nice.

Was in a posh pub on Dartmoor or Exmoor and asked for Veggie Curry, came with prawns sticking out all over. I never moan but said I can’t eat that I’m veggie, hence the veggie curry request. Got another one which I’m sure they pulled prawns out, probably spat in it and sent it back. Was very nice.
Creme de phlegm really adds to the overall experience, doesn’t it? :lol:

I had something similar to this happen on Valentine’s Day. It’s often difficult for a restaurant that functions well on a particular number of customers to ramp up and still function as well.

I started making my own Valentine’s Dinmers so as not to be out at peak times. We go out off-peak (i .e. not Valentine’s Day and not currently with money off schemes) instead when it is quieter.

The advantage of eating at home is that you can cook the steak to your perfect liking, you can get amazing wine much cheaper and you can have sex on the table afterwards! I haven’t been to a restaurant that offers all of those together.

Afterwards ?

Why not beforehand or even both.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back