Restaurant Etiquette

• Thread starter Deleted member 30053
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 30053

You go to a restaurant where you are considered a regular and you ask for a rare steak and it comes out well done. Massively busy night for the place. Took over an hour for the bait to arrive as well but you can tell they are stowed off and all the staff are being champion. Do you send the steak back - cos you go in all the time and it’s not cooked to order - or do you eat it and say it was nice? I took option B cos I was hungry and couldn’t be arsed with the carry on. Or are you an option A? And if so for what reason? One of my mates would 100% be a kernt and demand his 20 bar back or make them re-do it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Depends on the quality of the restaurant, it it's just your local pub grub then no. If it's a proper nice restaurant where you expect the food to be decent then yes I would have sent it back

Different scenario I’d agree and just let it go, if say the pasta was a little under. This though, a piece of meat cooked well done instead of rare, I’d frisbee the block off the chef’s napper

If it was somewhere I'm a regular and I would guess get on well with the owners. I'd just scran it and say nowt as a one off mistake. Might mention it in a piss taking way.

Was at a place on saturday and wife asked for steak medium. But it was cremated. She was pretty pissed off but didn't called them over. But when they came to check she mentioned it. They offered her another one but she didn't want it. So they just charged half price for it. Fair enough I thought.

Back