Rest in peace Bradley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Some information about parking and road closures for anyone going on Friday

https://twitter.com/durhampolice/status/885138550836133888
Just in case anyone can't access Twitter or Facebook which it links to:-

Hi everyone,

We wanted to pass on some important information regarding Bradley Lowery’s funeral which will take place at 11.15am this Friday at St Joseph’s Roman Catholic Church in Blackhall Colliery.

Parking:

An area of land located at the end of First Street adjacent to Corry Close will be made available for parking.
Signs will be placed on the A1086 Coast Road to direct people to this parking area via First Street.
Access to this car parking area will only be available until 10.30am after which the A1086 road will be closed.
There will be no parking near the church.

Road Closures:

From 10.30am the A1086 Coast Road through Blackhall Colliery and the B1281 Hesleden Road will be closed to ALL vehicles.
It is hoped that this can be removed by 12.30pm.

Thank you all for your co-operation.

And a lovely pic of the lad

Logon or register to see this image

A little bit more information about Friday.

From 7am on Friday morning balloons will be avail from Klassy Occasion In Blackhall. You can call in get a balloon and write a little message and tie it on any of the railings in Blackhall for Bradly, so we can pathe the street.
We are expecting the street to be rather busy on the day and cordons will be put out, please can people ensure they stay behind the cordons. Just to make people aware, Press will be there, in a designated area. We also have a lot of famous guests for the funeral, they are going to be guests of the family and not here on a work capacity, they will be there to pay their respects to Bradley, so no autographs or pictures to be asked for please.
Many thanks
Lynn xxx

https://www.facebook.com/CMBLING/posts/10212146107463779

My little boys school are joining in with the football tops and the donations and so is McDonalds near Wessington Way where my oldest daughter works. Hope this raises loads of money for the foundation.

Some information about parking and road closures for anyone going on Friday

https://twitter.com/durhampolice/status/885138550836133888

I was going to go to his funeral but its impossible now with the road closures. I wouldn't dare risk it incase I wasn't back in time to pick my little boy up from school. We are just going to go to the balloon release at the Stadium instead.

Last edited:
My little boys school are joining in with the football tops and the donations and so is McDonalds near Wessington Way where my oldest daughter works. Hope this raises loads of money for the foundation.

I was going to go to his funeral but its impossible now with the road closures. I wouldn't dare risk it incase I wasn't back in time to pick my little boy up from school. We are just going to go to the balloon release at the Stadium instead.
I'm starting a new contract tomorrow so I won't get there either :cry:

Kids in our school asked if they could donate and raise money for the charity.

The group who went to the HT about said that they would still wear uniforms but wanted to raise money and show support. If they all stick a quid in there's at least 800 quid.

Been out with my dads mates tonight, all Blackhall lads, I was raised there too, its sll the talk is, ferk me this lads made an impression.

I hope in years to come his brave parents can be happy at what an enormous effect hes had on the world (with the help of some brilliant people), but right now i can only imagine their pain.

Loving that Nissan has given permission for staff to wear Sunderland tops on Friday (where health and safety allows anyway)

As you may be aware on Friday (14th July) the funeral will take place of Bradley Lowery, the North East little boy who sadly lost his battle with Neuroblastoma last Friday.

The family have requested that people across the North East wear football shirts to work on Friday. We would like to invite all staff at NMUK to get behind this celebration of the life of this special little boy by wearing your football shirt to work from Thursday night shift until Friday late shift.

As I’m sure you will appreciate, we wear our specially designed uniform for important safety reasons, so there will be some areas where they can’t be worn ‘in process’, details of which can be found on the next page. In these areas we’d like to encourage you to wear them to and from work and at break times - clothes hangers will be provided for you to display your shirt in the rest area.

On Friday, we will also be collecting for the Bradley Lowery Foundation by the turnstiles at the end of night shift, before earlies/days and before late shift. We will also be collecting in the canteens or staff can make a donation at the following link: https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/bradleylowerysfight

Please support this extremely worthwhile cause and show that cancer has no colours.

I'm starting a new contract tomorrow so I won't get there either :cry:
My infinitely better half and myself will be on a plane at 7am but the rest of the family will be there, brought up in Blackhall and heselden, and lived in Blackhall rocks for 23 years until we moved a couple of years ago. Sad I can't be there but my heart will be.
God speed Bradley. I'm sure you will get the turnout you so richly deserve.

My infinitely better half and myself will be on a plane at 7am but the rest of the family will be there, brought up in Blackhall and heselden, and lived in Blackhall rocks for 23 years until we moved a couple of years ago. Sad I can't be there but my heart will be.
I think all of our hearts will be.
Have a lovely holiday x

I think it will be the nearest thing to a state funeral that you can get. Will be thinking of Bradley and his family. God bless that amazing family ❤️❤️❤️

Tomorrow is without doubt going to be one of the hardest days of my life, so I can't imagine what the family are feeling.
I'm honoured to have been asked to be part of the procession through Blackhall to the church, as we follow Bradley on his final journey.
God bless you my little mate. We will smile and Hi 5 again one day xxx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back