Report your neighbours...

My son wondered this. There's eight in his student accommodation. They could all legally have a cup of coffee together in the communal kitchen they share, but would they get fined if they all went and had a cup of coffee together in Costa?
That is why I think the rule should be households not fixed numbers.

Oldie saying to wake up and crack on. Pub staying open past ten for those who have woken up like? No good saying crack on and ignore as people have obviously been doing that to some degree already and now restrictions are coming in. Like it or not, you'll do as you're told as you have no choice :lol:

My son wondered this. There's eight in his student accommodation. They could all legally have a cup of coffee together in the communal kitchen they share, but would they get fined if they all went and had a cup of coffee together in Costa?
Aren't they classed as 1 household therefore they are OK being over 6
My daughter's uni hse had 8 during last lockdown and they just made sure that when they were out together (not often all 8 tbf) each had proof of address. All was OK

Last edited:

My daughter's uni hse had 8 during last lockdown and they just made sure that when they were out together (not often all 8 tbf) each had proof of address. All was OK
Uni does make an interesting one. They can be in large groups in seminar rooms working together all day, but if the building closes and they decide to continue the work after on the grass outside, it becomes illegal.

Back