Repointing gamble end

I watched it being done in Forster Street a few years ago and I would never have thought of using a disc cutter. I'd have used a chisel and weeks of my time.
It looks like a fiddly job but doable
I'm gonna say two words that frightens anyone who is into pointing for a living.
ENGINEERING BRICKS!!!

Not sure I can offer anything more to the thread but to the op I would say whether he wants it repainting or repointing the house always wins.

I watched it being done in Forster Street a few years ago and I would never have thought of using a disc cutter. I'd have used a chisel and weeks of my time.
It looks like a fiddly job but doable
One of my lads is on some pointing now there

I guess they will all need doing now as things tend to fall apart at the same timescale. They are 120 yrs old or there about now.
Yes they will be ,have an old map of 1879 on the wall and most of Forster st in on it .Only bit missing is the last block nearest to Roker Baths Rd .Road an backlane is there like so must have been on building at that time .

Its a bit unusual painting your pointing. I'll wager it'll look great though.

Seriously though, i know a lad whos been doing it for yonks. Massive lads fan too. You out there LH ?

Last edited:
Yes they will be ,have an old map of 1879 on the wall and most of Forster st in on it .Only bit missing is the last block nearest to Roker Baths Rd .Road an backlane is there like so must have been on building at that time .
Me mother is still on Forster Street and the deeds are about that time. Redby was built in 1899 so it must have been one of the last of that time.
It's a big old development thinking about it. Must have been a bit of landmark at the time.

Back