Repointing gamble end

jackson853

Central Defender
I need to get my gable end repainted, I've nee idea what kind of damage I'm looking at.

Anyone 1) know anybody who can do it and 2) have a rough idea of cost (including scaffolding, labour and parts)

We're talking a medium size 3 bed Terrace in Fulwell.

Many thanks in advance SMB

Give Davey a ring at DB builders .’D’ and the boys are passionate about making sure their hand saws are put back in their covers on a night .

Mention Big Gilly from the gym for a free roll of 4” Dpc on quotation .

Definitely get it done properly where they scrape the old mortar out and replace it with new. A cheap quote might end up with new mortar scraped over the old which looks shit and won’t last long
Dan your knowledge knows no bounds .

Give Davey a ring at DB builders .’D’ and the boys are passionate about making sure their hand saws are put back in their covers on a night .

Mention Big Gilly from the gym for a free roll of 4” Dpc on quotation .

Dan your knowledge knows no bounds .

thanks adam. john stirk was particularly impressed today when i changed the spark plugs in his Aston Martin for a quarter of the main dealer estimate.

I'd imagine anything from £1600 to £2200. I got Laings to do mine, existing mortar scraped out and repointed, about 8 bricks replaced and hire of tower included for £1800. They did a great job. Might sound pricey but wanted it done properly after getting other stuff done using cheaper quotes and not bring too pleased with results.

He gets a bit stick on here and I have my suspicions that a moderator on this site has a financial interest in a competitor as any threads praising johns contributions to the community are usually deleted. At the end of the day the numbers dont lie, queues out the door everyday and I get to maintain a fleet of supercars.
Making a killing rather than good living it sounds.

I'd imagine anything from £1600 to £2200. I got Laings to do mine, existing mortar scraped out and repointed, about 8 bricks replaced and hire of tower included for £1800. They did a great job. Might sound pricey but wanted it done properly after getting other stuff done using cheaper quotes and not bring too pleased with results.
Aye. Done properly £40 a square meter so your right mate. It's a thankless task.

I need to get my gable end repainted, I've nee idea what kind of damage I'm looking at.

Anyone 1) know anybody who can do it and 2) have a rough idea of cost (including scaffolding, labour and parts)

We're talking a medium size 3 bed Terrace in Fulwell.

Many thanks in advance SMB

Just wait for it to blow down in the next high winds then get a brand new one on the insurance.

Back