Remote teaching and learning

😂😂 Never experienced Seesaw. It's all about Google classroom 🙄
We used Google classroom. First couples of weeks were such a nightmare that I bought a printers and started printing out the work so the bairn didn't have the stress of the I.T problems to deal with. She completed the sheets then we uploaded photos of them. Wouldn't have worked for older kids like.
We've tested close to 1500 in the last two days. I was involved in it today and it's the most tedious thing I've ever had to do. :lol: Needs must, I suppose.
See marra. I told you the FF7 Remake wasn't so bad. ;)

Last edited:
We used Google classroom. First couples of weeks were such a nightmare that I bought a printers and started printing out the work so the bairn didn't have the stress of the I.T problems to deal with. She completed the sheets then we uploaded photos of them. Wouldn't have worked for older kids like.

See marra. I told you the FF7 Remake wasn't so bad. ;)

likewise. May have been the laptop we were using but some of the Google docs were really hard to edit, especially if you needed to work stuff out. Got through a fair amount of A4 these last few months !

My 13 year old isn't back until Friday next week. She's year 9 and they're going back a year group each day. The logistics of having to test them in school is supposedly why they're doing it like that.
Oh I get that and knew he wouldn't be in every day or even all day but he's going in for 1 hour! What's the point in that.

Snap, google classroom was a nightmare, I did the same, printed stuff and uploaded it. Took longer to piss about getting the answers in the right places and then correcting the formatting afterwards than printing and uploading it!

Snap, google classroom was a nightmare, I did the same, printed stuff and uploaded it. Took longer to piss about getting the answers in the right places and then correcting the formatting afterwards than printing and uploading it!
My son's school used Class Charts to give out the work and Microsoft Teams for lessons. It was absolutely brilliant, teachers online to help every lesson either live or on chat. He is going back to school on Thursday which will do him the world of good but they made home schooling as unstressful as it could have possibly been.

Shock for the kids being in classrooms with the windows open instead of warm houses.
Quite a few were flagging by hometime, probably take a while for some to adjust back to the routine.
Apart from that, all good.

I was bloody shivering all day! I'm not sure why because during lockdown we were in one of the other classrooms which has better ventilation, whereas in my classroom you can't leave the door open so it's windows only.

Some of the kids ended up just wearing their coats. Hoping for better today...

Shock for the kids being in classrooms with the windows open instead of warm houses.
Quite a few were flagging by hometime, probably take a while for some to adjust back to the routine.
Apart from that, all good.
I'm pleased my son isn't going back until Thursday then he has 2 days to get used to it again before a full week next week.

I was bloody shivering all day! I'm not sure why because during lockdown we were in one of the other classrooms which has better ventilation, whereas in my classroom you can't leave the door open so it's windows only.

Some of the kids ended up just wearing their coats. Hoping for better today...

The ventilation thing has to stop. Very low risk across the country now. A bit of ventilation may help but it's going to make the kids ill.

The ventilation thing has to stop. Very low risk across the country now. A bit of ventilation may help but it's going to make the kids ill.
If they need the windows open for ventilation fair enough but it's ridiculous that (in my sons school) they can't even keep their coats on.

Last edited:
My class are now self isolating. A pupil came in on Tuesday but then had symptoms, and tested positive yesterday. We were only back three days!

Back to Seesaw for me until the end of next week. It's the first full class closure we've had at the school.

Back