Remote teaching and learning

I’d happily contact my old English teacher from 20 year back but i’m sure i never came across terms like that in Comp nevermind at 8 year !

No surprise it changed with Michael Gove changing the curriculum back in 2013/14, it just stinks of people in government and ofsted justifying their salary and boosting their who and pomp !

I’d happily contact my old English teacher from 20 year back but i’m sure i never came across terms like that in Comp nevermind at 8 year !

No surprise it changed with Michael Gove changing the curriculum back in 2013/14, it just stinks of people in government and ofsted justifying their salary and boosting their who and pomp !

While I agree it seems to over complicate things my 8 year old seems streets ahead of what I was as an 8 year old so it seems to be working for her.

Mate.

We are “the blob” for objecting against the changes back in 2014.

I remember the boot licker cheerleaders on here with no experience of education telling me how wrong I was back then.

the ebac and curriculum changes that the rat brought in has done irreparable damage to the education of millions of kids

While I agree it seems to over complicate things my 8 year old seems streets ahead of what I was as an 8 year old so it seems to be working for her.

thats great to hear and i hope it continues but i thinking theres a good chance a lot of 8 year olds wont be able to pronounce subordinating conjunction nevermind understand it and have it help a learning objective sink in !

thats great to hear and i hope it continues but i thinking theres a good chance a lot of 8 year olds wont be able to pronounce subordinating conjunction nevermind understand it and have it help a learning objective sink in !
Aye. In reality I think she is just more intelligent and more mature than I was. I've got a 3 year old son. We will see how he gets on with it. :lol:

Mate.

We are “the blob” for objecting against the changes back in 2014.

I remember the boot licker cheerleaders on here with no experience of education telling me how wrong I was back then.

the ebac and curriculum changes that the rat brought in has done irreparable damage to the education of millions of kids

i wish i had a kid in education at an age to be aware of this back then as i would have helped in anyway that i could as i think this is simply Tory bollocks 100% and as you say very damaging !

So phased return for my son from 15th March. Got his timetable today. Knew he wouldn't be in full time but he's to go in for an hour on Monday morning. Seriously what's the point.

So phased return for my son from 15th March. Got his timetable today. Knew he wouldn't be in full time but he's to go in for an hour on Monday morning. Seriously what's the point.
My 13 year old isn't back until Friday next week. She's year 9 and they're going back a year group each day. The logistics of having to test them in school is supposedly why they're doing it like that.

My 13 year old isn't back until Friday next week. She's year 9 and they're going back a year group each day. The logistics of having to test them in school is supposedly why they're doing it like that.
We've tested close to 1500 in the last two days. I was involved in it today and it's the most tedious thing I've ever had to do. :lol: Needs must, I suppose.

Back