REM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw them Milton Keynes Bowl 1905 worst gig ever Stipe's voice was shot, Bill Berry wasn't there due to collapsing earlier in the tour was a band in decline.

Shiny Happy people is shite. They disowned it as a band. :D
Only precious hipsters think Shiny Happy People is rubbish. When I DJ it fills the dance floor with people loving it.

just a pop band nothing more.
The greatest accolade possible for a musician.

I haven't heard that expression before - love it!
"In the jingle jangle morning I'll come following you...."
Always used it mesel for Byrdsian bands and songs. Got a helluva home burnt cd in the car of similar jingle jangle stuff: Mr Tambourine Man, Bells Of Rhymeney (Byrds), The Last Time, It's All Over Now (stones) So. Central Rain, Fall On Me (REM), You Belong To Me (Costello), suspicious Minds (Presley), umpteen Monkees and Teenage fan club and Jam and Love. Loads more.

Don't Fear The Reaper and Sweet Child Of Mine and a some 60s Who anarl

Last edited:
Saw them Milton Keynes Bowl 1905 worst gig ever Stipe's voice was shot, Bill Berry wasn't there due to collapsing earlier in the tour was a band in decline.

Only precious hipsters think Shiny Happy People is rubbish. When I DJ it fills the dance floor with people loving it.

Bill Berry returned to touring the same month they played Milton Keynes. He played there that night.

And since when did how many people on the dance floor dictate how "good" a song is? Agadoo and the Birdy Song must be amazing too :lol:

"In the jingle jangle morning I'll come following you...."
Always used it mesel for Byrdsian bands and songs. Got a helluva home burnt cd in the car of similar jingle jangle stuff: Mr Tambourine Man, Bells Of Rhymeney (Byrds), The Last Time, It's All Over Now (stones) So. Central Rain, Fall On Me (REM), You Belong To Me (Costello), suspicious Minds (Presley), umpteen Monkees and Teenage fan club and Jam and Love. Loads more.

Don't Fear The Reaper and Sweet Child Of Mine and a some 60s Who anarl

Some great stuff there although I don't know much about Teenage Fan Club.

Just watching a pretty crap documentary about REM and I've not listened to them in a long time.

They were bloody brilliant like. I only got into them when they released Fables of the Reconstruction in the mid eighties. I was into the Rickenbacker jangle and that whole sound at the time.

What a back catalogue they have. Wonderful.
Great band. Saw them at MEN a few years back and they were class.

Bill Berry returned to touring the same month they played Milton Keynes. He played there that night.

And since when did how many people on the dance floor dictate how "good" a song is? Agadoo and the Birdy Song must be amazing too :lol:
Sorry didn't realise Berry had returned they were still awful support band Blur blew them away.

Sign of being a music snob hating Shiny Happy People.

Sorry didn't realise Berry had returned they were still awful support band Blur blew them away.

Sign of being a music snob hating Shiny Happy People.

Give over. Just didn't like REM collaborations. Don't like Kate Piersons voice. Didn't like Me in Honey either.

Loved "stand" which is another song they disowned, which ended up as a theme for a pisspoor TV show

They did a performance of 'Losing my Religion' on Jools Holland a few years ago that was brilliant.

Apart from that I've never been much of a fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back