REM

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReaL Madras

Striker
Staff member
Just watching a pretty crap documentary about REM and I've not listened to them in a long time.

They were bloody brilliant like. I only got into them when they released Fables of the Reconstruction in the mid eighties. I was into the Rickenbacker jangle and that whole sound at the time.

What a back catalogue they have. Wonderful.

Just watching a pretty crap documentary about REM and I've not listened to them in a long time.

They were bloody brilliant like. I only got into them when they released Fables of the Reconstruction in the mid eighties. I was into the Rickebacker jangle and that whole sound at the time.

What a back catalogue they have. Wonderful.
Sang with R.E.M. me.

Well, if you count catching the mic when Michael threw it into the crowd at the Stirling Castle gig in '99 :cool:

Fantastic band, fantastic catalogue. Ridiculously good live

They are two of my favourite songs of theirs tbh, good band, not a massive fan but there is no disputing they're a talented bunch :D.

My mate was carried into the church in his coffin yesterday to Everybody hurts, lovely song.
Give "Everyone's Been Burned" by The Byrds a listen to see where it came from. Sort of like a "Who Do You Think You Are" for songs.

Was lucky enough to see them live around 9 times. Their Hyde Park gig in 2005 (postponed for a week or so after the London bombings) is my favourite live gig ever.
I was supposed to see Amy Winhouse support Kyle Eastwoods band in the moat of the Tower Of London that neet. Instead I had to walk 14 miles home. Gig nivver got rearranged and the refund took ages......trivial I know when compared to what happened that day.

My favourite REM gig was at Newcastle Tiffanys flogging the 3rd album iirc. Worst was Earls Court.

Last edited:

They are two of my favourite songs of theirs tbh, good band, not a massive fan but there is no disputing they're a talented bunch :D.
Shiny Happy people is shite. They disowned it as a band. :D

You want to hear them at their best post IRS

Country Feedback
Find the river
Let me in
Ebow the letter

:cool:

Give "Everyone's Been Burned" by The Byrds a listen to see where it came from. Sort of like a "Who Do You Think You Are" for songs.

I was supposed to see Amy Winhouse support Kyle Eastwoods band in the moat of the Tower Of London that neet. Instead I had to walk 14 miles home. Gig nivver got rearranged and the refund took ages......trivial I know when compared to what happened that day.

My favourite REM gig was at Newcastle Tiffanys flogging the 3rd album iirc. Worst was Earls Court.
Peter Buck was a Byrds devotee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back