Redditors gave Wall Street traders an absolute pasting

What Is a Short Squeeze?
A short squeeze occurs when a stock or other asset jumps sharply higher, forcing traders who had bet that its price would fall, to buy it in order to forestall even greater losses. Their scramble to buy only adds to the upward pressure on the stock's price.

Let's see the evidence of "recommendations based on false, misleading, or greatly exaggerated statements". A myriad of people saying we like the stock isn't any of that
bitcoin isn't regulated.

Think what you will MT, I think it's obvious why you're against people like this... they threaten your livelihood. If more people realise they can better the % they receive from banks and the like what is the need for investment advisors/bankers?

" I’ve been asked why I decided to share my investment ideas on social media. My investment skills had reached a level where I felt sharing them publicly could help others. I also thought that by sharing my own ideas and accepting critiques, I would be able to identify holes in my analysis. Hedge funds and other Wall Street firms have teams of analysts working together to compile research and critique investment ideas, while individual investors have not had that advantage. Social media platforms like YouTube, Twitter, and WallStreetBets on Reddit are leveling the playing field. And in a year of quarantines and COVID, engaging with other investors on social media was a safe way to socialize. We had fun. "

Personally think the lawsuits against him will come to nothing.

Also...

" It’s worth noting that after five months of streaming, my final stream of 2020 topped out at just ninety-six concurrent viewers, with an average view duration of twenty-five minutes. On Christmas morning I had only 529 subscribers on YouTube, and 550 followers on Twitter. These numbers are tiny. There were rarely more than a few dozen folks on the stream on any night. The reality was people didn’t really care about 5 boring, repetitive analysis of GameStop and other stocks, and that was fine. For those of us who did care, the stream provided us an outlet for refining our fundamentals-based thesis. We were able to analyze events in real-time and keep each other honest.

Ultimately my GameStop investment was a success. "

What next social media regulation to prevent hype building around stocks to keep an orderly market? Sounds like manipulation to me.

" As for what happened in January, others will have to explain it. Threshold lists, order flow, halting purchases – according to the media these all had a material impact on GameStop stock in January. Here’s the thing: I’ve had a bit of experience and even I barely understand these matters. It’s alarming how little we know about the inner-workings of the market, and I am thankful that this Committee is examining what happened "
They are the lifeblood of my livelihood sunshine

It's not clear from the article if this bloke instigated the plan or was just another financial shark who smelled blood.

www.reddit.com is a good place to start

edit: he's also a licenced professional. a finra registered broker going on an internet forum to promote buying a security which they currently own is pretty bait when it comes to regulators.

It'll be funny seeing some of the evidence presented... :lol:

Also, the Reddit CEO has already came out and said there is no evidence of bots or foreign powers at work. Maybe they'll go back to the alt-right being behind this
Hearing live..

Last edited:
It'll be funny seeing some of the evidence presented... :lol:

Also, the Reddit CEO has already came out and said there is no evidence of bots or foreign powers at work. Maybe they'll go back to the alt-right being behind this
Hearing live..

Funny, because WSB are convinced there are loads of bots running on their sub.

Back