RR Red and White Blacklist: The most hated players to ever represent Sunderland - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

RTG

Robot
Staff member
Photo by Mark Runnacles/Getty Images Over the years at Sunderland, there have been an abundance of players who have left with nothing but adoration from the fans. But what about the flip side to that? What of those who left us in the worst of the worst circumstances? ...

More at Roker Report...

The roker report have started a list of most disliked Sunderland players. At first glance the 3 listed seem normal candidates but do they deserve the stick.

Let's start off with Darren Bent, I can't see why people have a go at Bent, he had a superb scoring record for the lads and generated a huge transfer profit. When Aston villa come calling, who many players see as an upward step with regards to Sunderland, and earning more money. Only die hard Sunderland fans would have turned the move down. Yes he cupped his ears against Burton, which I didn't like but if you give the stick out, you have to learn to take it.So in my opinion criticism completely undeserved.

Jack colback The ginger Pirlo is next up, right does your birthplace define you, well tell that to Gordon Armstrong, Gary Owers and Don Hutchison and several members of the 1973 Cup squad. We knew he was black n whiter from the beginning, but can you honestly say Jack Colback ever not give 100 per cent for Sunderland, yes he was limited ability but he always gave everything.He scored against the mags as well so I think he gets harsh criticism. If you are throwing the accusation he played for the mags after Sunderland so did Michael Bridges but he's well liked by our fans. He left for nothing is another criticism but to me that's the fault of Sunderland not tying him down for much longer

Next up is Chopra....his case is harder to make a case for as he missed games because of gambling problems and he only signed for Sunderland to clear a debt. In his defense he did score some vital goals for us.

So in conclusion Bent not justified at all, Colback not justified and Chopra slightly justified.

In my opinion players that should be on the list that let the club down hugely include Adam Johnson, Kone (couldn't be bothered) N dong (went on strike) and Lee Clark (that t shirt) yes I know he apoligised.

What do you lot think.?

The roker report have started a list of most disliked Sunderland players. At first glance the 3 listed seem normal candidates but do they deserve the stick.

Let's start off with Darren Bent, I can't see why people have a go at Bent, he had a superb scoring record for the lads and generated a huge transfer profit. When Aston villa come calling, who many players see as an upward step with regards to Sunderland, and earning more money. Only die hard Sunderland fans would have turned the move down. Yes he cupped his ears against Burton, which I didn't like but if you give the stick out, you have to learn to take it.So in my opinion criticism completely undeserved.

Jack colback The ginger Pirlo is next up, right does your birthplace define you, well tell that to Gordon Armstrong, Gary Owers and Don Hutchison and several members of the 1973 Cup squad. We knew he was black n whiter from the beginning, but can you honestly say Jack Colback ever not give 100 per cent for Sunderland, yes he was limited ability but he always gave everything.He scored against the mags as well so I think he gets harsh criticism. If you are throwing the accusation he played for the mags after Sunderland so did Michael Bridges but he's well liked by our fans. He left for nothing is another criticism but to me that's the fault of Sunderland not tying him down for much longer

Next up is Chopra....his case is harder to make a case for as he missed games because of gambling problems and he only signed for Sunderland to clear a debt. In his defense he did score some vital goals for us.

So in conclusion Bent not justified at all, Colback not justified and Chopra slightly justified.

In my opinion players that should be on the list that let the club down hugely include Adam Johnson, Kone (couldn't be bothered) N dong (went on strike) and Lee Clark (that t shirt) yes I know he apoligised.

What do you lot think.?
Hi Elsey. How was life in Huntingdon during the lockdown?

Hope its our Defence under Jack Ross doing their defending

What do you lot think.?

Not sure why Colback would be hated. Club messed him about and he took a contract elsewhere. He was a good servant here.

This. By all accounts we fucked him about and tried to stuff him on a good deal.

I'm a Sunderland fan, and I'd have likely done the same as him. Get paid a decent sum more and not have to move away. Lad has to look after himself TBF.

Reactions: TAD

What do you lot think.?

I'm not one for hating ex players only really bothered about how well they have done for us.

1) Bent - bit of a knob I think but a cracking player for us. No real issues.

2) Colback - would think really fondly of him a 100%er - not even bothered that he went to the mags but he did act like a right tit when signing for them gobbing off in the paper.

3) Chopra - No issue while he was here, dont go along with the deliberate miss stuff but again hes hard to like they way he has gobbed off since.

Chopra out of all of that list would be the only one i disliked, for the mouthing off afterwards and as has been said, came to us to pay a chunk of his gambling debt off..

Andy Gray has got to be on the next list hated him before, during and after his brief cameo with us....

I don't hate Bent or Colback. Bent fucked off for more money, we should have known what he was like after gobbing off on social media to get the move to us.

Colback was fucked over by the club repeatedly with regards to his contract. He left then joined them. It happens in football, it was the Mags and the media that was embarassing with the Ginger Pirlo crack.

The Clark thing was over twenty years ago. The lad went to Wembley to watch his boyhood club with his mates (naive on his part at worst) and they stiched him up for a photo op. People need to move on. I respect Clark a lot more when he said after he left that he couldn't have given 100% for us v the Mags in the Premiership. Rather that than do what Chopra did and then make his gob go.

Bent's popularity wasn't just his goalscoring record, it was the way he talked about the North East and wanting to become a legend. He was used in every marketing campaign which would have no doubt strengthened his hand in contract negotiations. All the while he was trying to force a move to Turkey to pay less tax then fucked off to a "humongous club" who were below us in the table for more money after stringing us along. Although I do think there was more to the transfer than we were told.

Colback is a bit meh, although I think the way he went on kissing the badge in front of us to curry favour was more irritating than him going. It sounds like the club did fuck him about, although a few Mags were adamant he was seeing out his contract and going there way before it actually happened.

I don't really hate Chopra, although he's clearly a massive dick. Thought he worked his arse off in his first season then had gambling/marriage problems and went off the rails. He missed a good few games whilst in rehab then was rushed out the door the day after the Mags incident. I didn't think he missed on purpose at the time and was actually screaming for him to square it to Jones but he's laughed along with bellends like Wraith taking the piss out of us admitted he did. His behaviour at Ipswich was disgraceful, he's clearly a wanker. Ironically his best game for us was against them in the 1-1 Milner cross game, he hit the bar and ran them ragged.

Colback was going well before he did. He told people, it was an open secret where he was off to.

I don't hate Bent or Chopra, although I did hate Bent for a long time, everyone done well out of him coming here so I'm over it. Chopra scored some important goals and I genuinely believe he just fucked up the pass to Jones, although he should've shot.

Colback ran his contract down, signed for the scum and then ran his mouth about it afterwards. Seeing him crumpled after that tackle by Catts and watching him limp past us getting loads of shit was enjoyable.

I do think fans are too quick to defend Clark though, who literally wore a shirt calling us all sad mackem bastards.

Colback ran his contract down, signed for the scum and then ran his mouth about it afterwards. Seeing him crumpled after that tackle by Catts and watching him limp past us getting loads of shit was enjoyable.
This is the absolute definition of karmic retribution if I’ve ever seen it. How Catts gets any shit at all from a Sunderland supporter is beyond me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back