RR Red and White Blacklist: The most hated players to ever represent Sunderland - Part 1

I'm not one for hating ex players only really bothered about how well they have done for us.

1) Bent - bit of a knob I think but a cracking player for us. No real issues.

2) Colback - would think really fondly of him a 100%er - not even bothered that he went to the mags but he did act like a right tit when signing for them gobbing off in the paper.

3) Chopra - No issue while he was here, dont go along with the deliberate miss stuff but again hes hard to like they way he has gobbed off since.
Chopras deliberate miss against the shite , sums up his career here

This could end up a long thread but here's a few from me;

Terry Curran
Darron Gibson
Darren Bent
Kone
N'Dong
Papy
Rodwell
Chopra
Colback
Grabban
El Hadg Diouff(sp)
Chimbonda
Mclean
Stubbs

Last edited:
No massive issues with Bent. To say he’s one of the most hated players to play for Sunderland is a massive stretch

Chopra definitely the little weasel. Something about him just inspires hatred. Is he liked by anyone? His mother maybe

Colback is hard to summon up any feelings at all about him. Look up the word “Meh” in the dictionary and that’s Colback, so no wouldn’t put him up there

Rodwell should be on there

The roker report have started a list of most disliked Sunderland players. At first glance the 3 listed seem normal candidates but do they deserve the stick.

Let's start off with Darren Bent, I can't see why people have a go at Bent, he had a superb scoring record for the lads and generated a huge transfer profit. When Aston villa come calling, who many players see as an upward step with regards to Sunderland, and earning more money. Only die hard Sunderland fans would have turned the move down. Yes he cupped his ears against Burton, which I didn't like but if you give the stick out, you have to learn to take it.So in my opinion criticism completely undeserved.

Jack colback The ginger Pirlo is next up, right does your birthplace define you, well tell that to Gordon Armstrong, Gary Owers and Don Hutchison and several members of the 1973 Cup squad. We knew he was black n whiter from the beginning, but can you honestly say Jack Colback ever not give 100 per cent for Sunderland, yes he was limited ability but he always gave everything.He scored against the mags as well so I think he gets harsh criticism. If you are throwing the accusation he played for the mags after Sunderland so did Michael Bridges but he's well liked by our fans. He left for nothing is another criticism but to me that's the fault of Sunderland not tying him down for much longer

Next up is Chopra....his case is harder to make a case for as he missed games because of gambling problems and he only signed for Sunderland to clear a debt. In his defense he did score some vital goals for us.

So in conclusion Bent not justified at all, Colback not justified and Chopra slightly justified.

In my opinion players that should be on the list that let the club down hugely include Adam Johnson, Kone (couldn't be bothered) N dong (went on strike) and Lee Clark (that t shirt) yes I know he apoligised.

What do you lot think.?
No Rodwell?

Rodwell, shit when he was on the pitch. Attitude and behaviour just as bad off it.

Cowardly hiding bottling gutless piece of shit.

We've had some shit in my lifetime but I pray we never get another who comes even close to this twatful shit stain.

Lee Camp deserves a honorary mention. However, it’s Rodwell’s title no question.

Darren Bent, his gutless performance in the derby days before he put his transfer request in was a disgrace. Drove down to Birmingham before a deal was even agreed with Villa.

I must say that I don’t hate Lee Clark. I was angry for a great deal of time but I’ve listened to some interviews with him recently on roker report and with @MackeminGlasgow, a lot of time has passed and he is very remorseful, I’ve forgiven him for a stupid error of judgement. Great player for us

Lee Camp deserves a honorary mention. However, it’s Rodwell’s title no question.

Darren Bent, his gutless performance in the derby days before he put his transfer request in was a disgrace. Drove down to Birmingham before a deal was even agreed with Villa.

I must say that I don’t hate Lee Clark. I was angry for a great deal of time but I’ve listened to some interviews with him recently on roker report and with @MackeminGlasgow, a lot of time has passed and he is very remorseful, I’ve forgiven him for a stupid error of judgement. Great player for us
Great lad. No hate at all towards him.

I have seen a lot of players since I started watching. I don't particularly hate any player. You cannot blame them if they are not good enough - they should not have been signed.

A lot of players that I thought were not good enough but not really hated them. Disappointed? Very much so.

Back