Recommendations for Australia

Going in January for 3.5 weeks,a week in Sydney then got flight to Noosa for a week followed by another in Melbourne then return to Sydney,have sorted accomadation for the first two legs but unsure about what to book for Melbourne I. E. a couple of days there then move on or stay there then have trips out.

Couple days then hire a car and go do great ocean road over about 3 days

Fraser Island

Great for a day and the penguins. Other than that not a lot

Great for a day and the penguins. Other than that not a lot

Disagree. A bunch of 25 year olds pissing about in 4x4 for 2-3 days around Fraser Island, camping with loads of international backpacker lasses looking for 25 year old lads from Sunderland.

Will be the thing they remember the most from the trip and I am talking from experience.

Disagree. A bunch of 25 year olds pissing about in 4x4 for 2-3 days around Fraser Island, camping with loads of international backpacker lasses looking for 25 year old lads from Sunderland.

Will be the thing they remember the most from the trip and I am talking from experience.

yep its like shooting fish in a barrel over there if you have anything about you

Madness coming that time of year for 2 weeks. You will not be doing it justice. Stay north, head to Queensland, it'll be cold and miserable in Victoria and NSW. Dark at 5.30pm as well.
I'd fly in to Sydney do a few days there, Bridge Climb, ferry ride, Opera House etc., though even then you'd be relying on clear days to make them worthwile.
Then drive North , Byron, Noosa, Gold Coast, Whitsundays etc. A lot will depend on where you fly out of.

There’s a bohemiany, indieish, Camden style road heading out of Melbourne that I loved. All peeling paint, used books n vinyl shops, bars n cafes. I’d be living round that way if I moved there.
Sydney’s great but forget about bondi beach it’s a shithole.
Train from Sydney to Melbourne took about 11 hours but it’s relaxing and there’s loads of legroom. I couldn’t face any more plane time tbh.

There’s a bohemiany, indieish, Camden style road heading out of Melbourne that I loved. All peeling paint, used books n vinyl shops, bars n cafes. I’d be living round that way if I moved there.
Sydney’s great but forget about bondi beach it’s a shithole.
Train from Sydney to Melbourne took about 11 hours but it’s relaxing and there’s loads of legroom. I couldn’t face any more plane time tbh.

You would like the Northern beaches... Stunning and a little bohemian in places.

I would marra but Can’t see me going that far again until retirement. Nivver been able to sleep on planes and 13 then 11 then 10 then 12hrs was ower much.

Just do the direct to Perth these days.. one hit of suffering . I was supriaed how easy the Aussie flights were lastvyear.. hardest bit was the Perth - Sydney domestic

Me and 3 other lads are going to Australia next year in July for 2 weeks,

Perth 3 nights
Sydney 4 nights
Motorhome up the East Coast 5 nights
Brisbane 3 nights

Just asking on here for any must things to do and see from own experiences from the wise and well travelled SMB.

5 nights in a camper on East Coast is not long enough.

Trim a day off each city stay (possibly 2 off Bris)

You won't regret it

Back