Recommendations for Australia

Me and 3 other lads are going to Australia next year in July for 2 weeks,

Perth 3 nights
Sydney 4 nights
Motorhome up the East Coast 5 nights
Brisbane 3 nights

Just asking on here for any must things to do and see from own experiences from the wise and well travelled SMB.

If you’re keeping this itenery then

Perth - Rottnest island, Margaret river (wineries) or pinnacles, swan valley (wine, chocolate and cheese)

Sydney- bridge climb, manly ferry, blue mountains, opera house tour, the Kastle

I can’t think of any must see in Brisbane but Noosa, the Gold Coast, barrier reef, Hamilton island are good calls

on to Airlie Beach in the Whitsundays then flew to Melbourne for a couple of nights. .

it is lovely there like, stayed with a mate who lives in Mackay a few years ago and went round whitsundays area, it was beautiful

as others have said, its a long drive up the coast from Sydney - think sunderland to costa del sol for an idea of distance - internal flights quite cheap, and 2 weeks isn't enough (I think) to do that coast and across to Perth on the west coast

Studied in Brisbane for a year, great place to live, seriously underwhelming for tourism/site seeing. Give that a miss and head to Noosa or Whitsundays.

Don't forget that all the wildlife there wants to kill you.
^ This fella knows the score ^

My friend is currently in Manley, her son still lives there and has a couple of businesses. Her partner, who is still in the UK at the moment and joining her in a couple of weeks time absolutely loves the place.

Perth - Rottnest island, Margaret river (wineries) or pinnacles, swan valley (wine, chocolate and cheese)

I can’t think of any must see in Brisbane but Noosa, the Gold Coast, barrier reef, Hamilton island are good calls
I'd never heard of that so had to google it. You dirty old man.

We just got back from Perth. No way you’ll do Margaret River justice in a long day trip with 8+ hours driving there, back and around. Best bet is to ditch Perth for this trip and give yourself a reason to go back.

As others have said, the weather will be variable in July and certainly cool to cold in Melbourne.

Spring /Autumn best times to visit but realise you might be constrained by other factors.

If you’re going in July then take some warm clothing. It will be the middle of winter there and it gets cold.
And it rains a lot. Know the song Four Seasons In One Day? Written about Melbourne. The weather is very changeable there. Any reason you’re not going in spring/summer?
It's the dry season up north if they went to Cairns

Don't forget that all the wildlife there wants to kill you.
I woke up covered in ants while camping in the out back. I'd put my swag on top of their nest :lol:. Glad they were the itchy, not the bitey kind.

Last edited:
I agree with those saying Melbourne its a great city (my eldest is there now playing cricket). To chill Great Ocean Highway and return via the Otways and Geelong.

Sydney is very good with loads to do, chill out at Manly which has the best beach, forget Bondi.

Bypass Brisbane go up to FNQueensland and just chill. Palm Cove our favourite between Cairns and Port Douglas. Past Port Doglas you have the wonderful Daintree rain forest.

If you do a wine region try Mudgee, car from Sydney via Blue Mountains then on to Mudgee. Return via Richmond Aussie first settlement. It has one of the best cafe l ever visited full of music memorabilia, Lyn the owner is lovely.

Edit.

Just trawled through my blog. Lyn cafe is the Chocolate Drop Cafe, the music part can be found at
www.richmondrecords.com.au

Going in January for 3.5 weeks,a week in Sydney then got flight to Noosa for a week followed by another in Melbourne then return to Sydney,have sorted accomadation for the first two legs but unsure about what to book for Melbourne I. E. a couple of days there then move on or stay there then have trips out.

Something different perhaps....

Fly to Perth take two weeks travelling to Broome, snorkel the Ningaloo Reef. Less pressured and see something that most don't bother with.
Logon or register to see this image

Oh and if you do The Darwin trip mentioned earlier you have the Katherine Gorge to visit.

Back