Really minor annoyances

Table settings - when the knife blade doesn’t face the plate.

Hanging offence.

Shoppers having a long meaningless chat with the checkout person while there’s a long queue.

Hanging offence.

Sky Sports match commentary on the Live scores pages, when they say "player x wins a free kick".

How exactly do you WIN a free kick? You've been fouled or impeded. So somebody has committed a foul and conceded a free kick.

(oh and fuck off to anyone who is planning to respond by saying something about 'clever play' or 'all part of the modern game' blah blah blah)

winning a free kick = cheating.

if you do something deliberately to get a free kick, be it diving, or exaggerating the contact. It's cheating. Simple as that.
Uber etc drivers cancelling when they are 1 min away when they took the job when they were 10 mins away - kvnt’s trick

I've often wondered if the Uber App accepts the job automatically so you stick with it and it buys them time to find another driver

Seems to happen much more abroad when I've used Uber. Used it a lot in Croatia and at the same point, (the turnoff from the main road onto the road to the hotel) the job would be cancelled

Made me suspect that the uber app was telling me me that there's a driver enroute (who is going to another job nearby anyway). So I'd follow the car and at that junction, quarter of a mile away the "driver" would go straight on down the main road and cancel the job, and a new driver appointed who would then pick me up. End result, the initial car was 7 minutes away, the second one is then also 7 minutes away.

So I wait 14 minutes But they know if they'd said 14 minutes originally I may have not ordered one and got a regular cab.

What makes me more suspicious is there doesn't seem to be a way to report drivers who do this, making me think its. Or there wasn't when I last had this problem

Last edited:
winning a free kick = cheating.

if you do something deliberately to get a free kick, be it diving, or exaggerating the contact. It's cheating. Simple as that.

I've often wondered if the Uber App accepts the job automatically so you stick with it and it buys them time to find another driver

Seems to happen much more abroad when I've used Uber. Used it a lot in Croatia and at the same point, (the turnoff from the main road onto the road to the hotel) the job would be cancelled

Made me suspect that the uber app was telling me me that there's a driver enroute (who is going to another job nearby anyway). So I'd follow the car and at that junction, quarter of a mile away the "driver" would go straight on down the main road and cancel the job, and a new driver appointed who would then pick me up. End result, the initial car was 7 minutes away, the second one is then also 7 minutes away.

So I wait 14 minutes But they know if they'd said 14 minutes originally I may have not ordered one and got a regular cab.

What makes me more suspicious is there doesn't seem to be a way to report drivers who do this, making me think its. Or there wasn't when I last had this problem

I asked a driver and he reckons it was just drivers taking one job then dropping it if they saw a better option.

I asked a driver and he reckons it was just drivers taking one job then dropping it if they saw a better option.

Strange that the app would allow the drivers to fuck off customers like that? It surely damages the uber brand when it's the 2nd or 3rd time it happens on one run?

Surely accepting a job should be final and rule drivers out of even seeing other work in the area?

Strange that the app would allow the drivers to fuck off customers like that? It surely damages the uber brand when it's the 2nd or 3rd time it happens on one run?

Surely accepting a job should be final and rule drivers out of even seeing other work in the area?

yeah, that's my feeling too but he reckoned they can get away with it. i've given up complaining to Uber about it. One night it happened to us twice for the same journey. we were waiting outside our house for one driver (10 mins away initially). he dropped the fare when he was literally 100 metres away, another one picked up the fare and did the same...

in the mean time a mate drove passed, dropped her kid off somewhere, drove passed again 10 mins later when we were still there, stopped and said she'd drive us when we told her what was going on. it was a 15 min trip as well, so a decent fare.

the taxi industry has been deregulated now too, so taxi drivers are acting like share rides and being picky who they'll pick up and refusing to use the meter (using surge pricing).

My wife puts the salt and pepper in the cupboard with the pepper on the left.

Can’t stand it - have to change it around every time.

Companies not capitalising names on logos. It looks crap if you can read beyond primary school level.
Amazon said my delivery was 1 stop away, but he was over the other side of the village and stopped several times on his way to mine.

I was stalking him as I was about to take the dog out when I got the notification, so I waited until he'd been.
Even worse when you watch it down from 8 to 1 for that reason then it disappears half an hour later due to rescheduling, then arrives several hours later.

People waiting until all of their shopping has been scanned before getting their cash/card/phone ready. Same with buses. Waiting for ages like gormless divvies when they could have everything prepared to pay only to piss around taking time to look for their cash/devices when they need it.
Same thing applies for the queues at the SoL as well. Drives me wild

SAFC not shipping my 92 third shirt. I paid for it early Monday morning and they have still not shipped it when every other fucker has theirs 😤

Last edited:
Had own come up today... Went to get a bit of dried fruit to sprinkle on my cereal

Nigh on impossible for people.to open a bag cleanly or just snip the top with scissors .

Bag ripped to shreds so half the bloody stuff falls out when you pick the bag up
The cleaner leaves the remote control facing the wrong way. I need to turn it round before using it. Every time.
The cleaner puts my Alexa show on the bedside cabinet straight instead of an angle where I can see it .

Last edited:
The cleaner leaves the remote control facing the wrong way. I need to turn it round before using it. Every time.
My cleaner puts the bin bags in the bins so that they cover the handles, rather than lifting the handles up, putting the liners in and then putting the handles down. I’ve shown her at least three times how to do it and she does it this way every single time.

The butler stirring my tea anti-clockwise

Edit: Actually, a proper cup related piss-boiler - people who take the f***ing glaze off the cup when stirring their drink. Just stir the fucker without braying the spoon off the side/bottom of the cup/mug as if you're the time-keeper in a boxing match.

Last edited:

Back