Really minor annoyances

Watching tv programme and as its getting close to end , appears in top corner what's coming on next.
That's why I sit there with copy of radio and tv times ffs.

For me it's things I tune into and wind me up. I mean..... none of them are serious and I can cope like, but they are minor annoyances.

TV audiences who clap along in time to the music but continue clapping when the music has stopped
People who say 'acrost' instead of 'across'
People who make a noise when they open their mouth to speak (not the speaking itself, but the noise their mouths make when they open it)
Saying Tescos instead of Tesco, Marks and Spencers instead of Marks and Spencer, Pfizers instead of Pfizer - but not saying Amazons, BPs or Costas
Dumbing down on TV.... specifically the use of Dr <first name> (e.g. Dr Chris)
Football commentators using 'just about' as 'only just' instead of 'not quite'
Moronic ex-footballers like Shearer and Wright speaking badly on MotD and similar. The kids copy things like "He done good"
Having to use mobile phone apps that are badly designed - forcing user to tap on glass and to zoom in to find the boxes that need filling in
Anything at all that involves the word 'celebrity' (other than perhaps Celebrity Readers' Wives :) )

Last edited:
those scrolling indicators on cars.
those little amber/red lights on car mirrors to tell the driver they're close to something. that's what the mirrors are for ffs. if they're not seeing things in the mirror they're not likely to see a titchy symbol in it.
when you're messing around with the bike, a bolt drops down and you can't find it and you just know it'll drop out when you're on the road and go into the back tyre.

Getting told off by your car . Engine starting ,handbrake activated , full command not engaged, tyre pressure is bla bla , car stopped unexpectedly etc etc

Getting told off by your car . Engine starting ,handbrake activated , full command not engaged, tyre pressure is bla bla , car stopped unexpectedly etc etc
I had that this morning. Beep beep beep - Low screen washer fluid, service due soon, low fuel. Will you just fuck off car :)

Back