Reality check

Status
Not open for further replies.

I think we all realise now that we are a third division club but at least with Poyet, Pearson or even the Cowleys , you had hope that they could get us back to the top. There is nothing in Johnson’s CV that suggests that he could take us all the way.

I was hoping, what with talk of a new structure, new owners, sporting directors and such like that we might appoint someone who isn’t an absolute f***ing nobody who has achieved the sum total of absolutely fuck all in his managerial career thus far.
Well, many of us would have liked a 'name' but that doesn't always equal success - look at Moyes, Dick and MoN with us.
The new bloke sounds like he might fit into the new system and will know the championship well if we squeak into it this season. If he doesn't impress there, we will be in a better position then to attract an Eddie Howe type.

Appointing absolute nobodies like Johnson will ensure we remain a 3rd division club.

Forgive me if I am wrong. But aren't you the chap who is friendly with Stewart Donald and cursed the fans for how badly we had treat them. Saying that those who were ungrateful would reap what they had sewn?

So we appoint another f***ing No Mark....I hate Donald and Methven.
This is Our Club.
And they are shafting us up the arse.

One of the things living abroad the last 5 years has given me is the opportunity to look at this objectively and be outside of the 'North East bubble'

We have this idea that we have some divine right as a 'football hotspot' to attract the best.

The reality - to top players, managers, investors etc - is that we are geographically a backwater that hasn't produced a trophy winner for quite some time and a league winner for almost a century.

Big stadiums with lots of fans means fuck all.

The best players and managers and investors are winners.

The region stinks of under achievement.
It under achieves because of the fear of embracing change.

The only reasonable success in recent memory is Nissan.
And that was because the workers there embraced change and a new culture of work.

With every change comes opportunity.
But for that opportunity to have a chance, people need to buy into it.

I know so many financially successful people who had to leave the North East to achieve that success and one of the things they always bring up is the small minded mentality we have as a region and the lack of positivity.

I'm very proud of where i'm from, but i find it hard to disagree with them on that.

Might piss a few people off, but so be it.

One of the things living abroad the last 5 years has given me is the opportunity to look at this objectively and be outside of the 'North East bubble'

We have this idea that we have some divine right as a 'football hotspot' to attract the best.

The reality - to top players, managers, investors etc - is that we are geographically a backwater that hasn't produced a trophy winner for quite some time and a league winner for almost a century.

And that was because the workers there embraced change and a new culture of work.

I know so many financially successful people who had to leave the North East to achieve that success and one of the things they always bring up is the small minded mentality we have as a region and the lack of positivity.

I'm very proud of where i'm from, but i find it hard to disagree with them on that.

Love those paragraphs - did you learn those abroad too?

So we appoint another f***ing No Mark....I hate Donald and Methven.
This is Our Club.
And they are shafting us up the arse.

Tbf and I hate Donald & Methven, it's Speakman who has been tasked with identifying and bringing a Head Coach by the "ownership group"

Eeeeeee someone is full of himself tonight mind.

Tbf and I hate Donald & Methven, it's Speakman who has been tasked with identifying and bringing a Head Coach by the "ownership group"

I wonder how many Southampton fans had heard of Ralph Hasenhüttl when he was appointed.
Probably none.

Problem with most football fans is they want something they know.
Something safe.

which is why things go stale on the whole
Squeaky dirty as opposed to clean...

you got this 👌

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back