You are not regular
Shame on those that agreed with your post
It’s embarrassing
Accept shite & that’s what you will get
We are Sunderland AFC with a proud history & tremendous support
You & your likes can fuck off with reality 3rd tier shite
We should aspire to be back at the top level

Who are you ?

I've been a Sunderland fan for best part of 50 years.
Watched some absolute dross in my time.

I stream the games pretty much every weekend late at night here when i'm not working
I have the piss taken out of me by my mates here all the time for who i support but i couldn't give a fuck as Sunderland is where i'm from and will always be my team.

We all aspire to be better than we are.
It doesn't happen overnight though or by shouting at people on the internet

And i'm sure all my fellow fans dotted in far away places around the world think you're a bit of a nob to be honest for that statement.
So no then
You are not regular
Shame on those that agreed with your post
It’s embarrassing
Accept shite & that’s what you will get
We are Sunderland AFC with a proud history & tremendous support
You & your likes can fuck off with reality 3rd tier shite
We should aspire to be back at the top level

Who are you ?

and i've been to as many games as you this season btw if you're counting....

Last edited:

I stream the games pretty much every weekend late at night here when i'm not working
I have the piss taken out of me by my mates here all the time for who i support but i couldn't give a fuck as Sunderland is where i'm from and will always be my team.

And i'm sure all my fellow fans dotted in far away places around the world think you're a bit of a nob to be honest for that statement.
Mate
I couldn’t give a fuck what you think
My reality is I go to the majority of home games & aspire to better than this
You’re reality is you do t go to games & concede to 3rd tier football
Good night

Amused ?
Fuck off mag twat
Have you no forum of your own ?
Embarrassing

Yes amused.
No i do not have a forum of my own. Given the time you spend on Roger's forum i assume you do not either?
"Mag twat".... Not heard that one before. Originality at it's finest. Well done.

Yes amused.
No i do not have a forum of my own. Given the time you spend on Roger's forum i assume you do not either?
"Mag twat".... Not heard that one before. Originality at it's finest. Well done.
Hilarious
I’d be embarrassed to join a mags forum

and i've been to as many games as you this season btw if you're counting....
How would you know. ?
What a ridiculous statement

Last edited:
I think we are far too big a club to be in the 3rd division but the problem is that big crowds (which is all we've got going for us) are becoming less of a factor with TV money etc - 20p in the £ if this article is to believed, we have a marvellous history of course but that's pretty much worthless in attracting players and our geographical location has never helped either. It's gonna be a long hard slog to get back anywhere near the Premier League and I really don't think there's an easy answer, sadly.

How would you know. ?
What a ridiculous statement

Because fans haven't been allowed at any Sunderland games this season.

Put the cans down and get some kip kid
Mate
I couldn’t give a fuck what you think
My reality is I go to the majority of home games & aspire to better than this
You’re reality is you do t go to games & concede to 3rd tier football
Good night

For somebody who couldn't give a fuck about what i think, you seem very interested judging by all these replies

THE REALITY is that you've been to as many games as me this season
THE REALITY is that you've probably watched most of those games on TV like me
THE REALITY is that we are in the 3rd tier of English football and what we can attract is tied to the financial limitations of that

I don't aspire to be a fan of a League one club.
The reality is different though, and we cut our cloth accordingly in the real world of football without a billionaire sugar daddy

Last edited:
Leeds were getting pretty much that in League 1.
They were still out of the premier league for 12 years.
Having more fans doesn't make you successful.

Staggering that such a little farty klerb attracted Bielsa, punching well above their weight, how did they manage to do that?

Last edited:
I come on here because I enjoy it. You will also not find me having a dig at SAFC either. That isn't what I come on for. Hopefully you will wake up in a better f***ing mood.
Could have been your “ did he hit a nerve “ remark when we were discussing crowds ?
Sly dig me thinks

Could have been your “ did he hit a nerve “ remark when we were discussing crowds ?
Sly dig me thinks

You have the wrong man sir. Not guilty. I may have made the odd sarcastic comment here and there however never about crowds mate.
Pick pretty much any topic to do with football and anyone could aim a barb, or two, and both NE clubs. The support is the exception.
Anyway. Good morning squire. ;)

we are a 3rd division club
we are a team that isn't even in the play off positions of the 3rd division

We are a big club in terms of support and infrastructure, but we are still a 3rd division club

that is our reality and our starting point.

If you went to any team in a similar position to ours right now, and said there's a new long term football infrastructure being put in place, a new manager and new (rather rich) investors coming in, as a fan of that club you would be very positive.

The sooner people grasp the situation the better.

Accepting mediocrity now guarantees future mediocrity.

we are a 3rd division club
we are a team that isn't even in the play off positions of the 3rd division

We are a big club in terms of support and infrastructure, but we are still a 3rd division club

that is our reality and our starting point.

If you went to any team in a similar position to ours right now, and said there's a new long term football infrastructure being put in place, a new manager and new (rather rich) investors coming in, as a fan of that club you would be very positive.

The sooner people grasp the situation the better.

understand the sentiment but we are a Premier League Club in all but team. I think most fans expected an out of the blue managerial appointment and instead we have one with the same thinking of the cheapskate owners that run this circus.

I have supported my team for almost seventy years, I don’t pretend to be a football expert or have any knowledge to judge a coach’s competency other than by his performance while he is with us, but am amazed by some of the comments about Johnson on here. I don’t know whether he will be a success here or if Pearson, Cowley or Poyet would have been a better fit but accept we are a third tier club and no top class manager would come here given the financial constraints he would have to operate under. We have no god given right for promotion, we have to earn it and hopefully Johnson will be the man to achieve this.

I think we are far too big a club to be in the 3rd division but the problem is that big crowds (which is all we've got going for us) are becoming less of a factor with TV money etc - 20p in the £ if this article is to believed, we have a marvellous history of course but that's pretty much worthless in attracting players and our geographical location has never helped either. It's gonna be a long hard slog to get back anywhere near the Premier League and I really don't think there's an easy answer, sadly.

The problem is that our history really is history.

On the one hand, only 5 teams have won more top flight titles than us. We're joint sixth with Man City and Chelsea, who had only won two and one title respectively while we were enjoying our Reidy heights. This season will mark 85 years since our last top flight title. Since we missed out on title wins potentially getting a romantic European story to go with it, we're nobody outside of the country. Only thing we have going for us in more recent history is our romantic '73 cup win, the plucky second tier underdog beating the big bad Leeds United. And maybe that's maybe the mindset people in the country have of us. The plucky second tier team who can pull off a result. Even though in '73 we'd spend the majority of our time in the top flight and had never seen the third tier at that time.

We know we belong at a higher tier of football than this - but I doubt anybody else thinks that. Well, maybe they think we should be a Championship side but maybe just that and nothing more.

The problem is that our history really is history.

On the one hand, only 5 teams have won more top flight titles than us. We're joint sixth with Man City and Chelsea, who had only won two and one title respectively while we were enjoying our Reidy heights. This season will mark 85 years since our last top flight title. Since we missed out on title wins potentially getting a romantic European story to go with it, we're nobody outside of the country. Only thing we have going for us in more recent history is our romantic '73 cup win, the plucky second tier underdog beating the big bad Leeds United. And maybe that's maybe the mindset people in the country have of us. The plucky second tier team who can pull off a result. Even though in '73 we'd spend the majority of our time in the top flight and had never seen the third tier at that time.

We know we belong at a higher tier of football than this - but I doubt anybody else thinks that. Well, maybe they think we should be a Championship side but maybe just that and nothing more.
Everything you say is here is right mate, sadly, even the heady days of Reid which probably seem like yesterday to me and you are a generation ago and yes to outsiders we are very probably seen as nothing more than one hit wonders a generation and more before that. It's depressing marra it really is, good post.

Some on here are so gullible oh new owners a SpD and appointing a ex championship Manager, promotion, championship and then the promised land the premiership you could not make it up

The so called takeover will not bring want some want!
I noticed he referred to the 'Ownership group' in the interview.

I may be wrong, but those seem very carefully chosen words indicating that the takeover is probably done and just waiting EFL ratification.

The fact that we have made this the first appointment makes total sense.

We can't invest in players due to the wage cap, so the obvious next financial investment is going to be in structures, data and relevant staff to help deliver a more sustainable and successful business model for the future via the academy.

For me this is huge forward step from where we have been of late.

In regards to the new manager i have no idea as he hasn't been appointed yet.

When he does get appointed however, i'd assume it's because he has bought into this new model and everything that goes with it.

That will create cohesion not to mention showing U23, youth players and young talent that we are trying to entice that there will now be a pathway to first team football if they are good enough.

We'll see if your attitude is the same in 12 months.....Doubt it!

Last edited:

Back