Real protest

Status
Not open for further replies.

JAR7391

Winger
Lots of talk of not going etc. Can we really organise something for the game on Saturday?

Personally i'd be in favour of staying on the concourse for the first 15 mins. Leave the seats empty and then all file in on 15 mins. Makes a statement that this is what you're going to get next year if things don't improve, whilst actually still attending as theres no way the majority of people will just not go.

If a protest can be sorted out then i'd be part of it. If not then i might skip the match like I did Coventry. I didnt miss it at all and the thought of standing in a half empty bowl with zero atmosphere already has me wanting to make other plans. People will say im a part timer etc, thats fine, thats your opinion. I just dont want to watch my club die in front of my own eyes anymore. I'm still going to Doncaster, have been to 5 aways already and will be the same for the seconf half of the season aswell. Away days are still enjoyable, football aside. Home games are just an awful chore though so unless theres some kind of protest to at least vent our frustrations i dont see any point in going.

Lots of talk of not going etc. Can we really organise something for the game on Saturday?

Personally i'd be in favour of staying on the concourse for the first 15 mins. Leave the seats empty and then all file in on 15 mins. Makes a statement that this is what you're going to get next year if things don't improve, whilst actually still attending as theres no way the majority of people will just not go.

If a protest can be sorted out then i'd be part of it. If not then i might skip the match like I did Coventry. I didnt miss it at all and the thought of standing in a half empty bowl with zero atmosphere already has me wanting to make other plans. People will say im a part timer etc, thats fine, thats your opinion. I just dont want to watch my club die in front of my own eyes anymore. I'm still going to Doncaster, have been to 5 aways already and will be the same for the seconf half of the season aswell. Away days are still enjoyable, football aside. Home games are just an awful chore though so unless theres some kind of protest to at least vent our frustrations i dont see any point in going.
Do it in Madrid.

Must admit I have little appetite to go and watch. Team is shit and atmosphere is only going to be dreadful.

There'll be so many empty seats that a few that did the 15 mins thing would barely be noticed. Has any kind of protest by any fan group made much difference?

There's half an argument that Liverpool fans' protesting had a part in Hicks and Gillett leaving there. I'm not so sure - I think that it was more them realising that owning a British football team isn't the guaranteed money tree that owning, say, an NFL franchise is. Bob Murray? A definite maybe. Bob was realising he'd reached the limits of what he could do here anyway. If you look at, for example, the Mags, Blackpool and Charlton, it had no effect at all. Ashley's still there, the Oystons only sold because a court made them, and the Charlton owner has just sold, but at a time and price of his own choosing.

Last edited:
Ive put myself forward to sing yankee doodle dandy in the centre circle

I'll deliver the match ball to the centre circle on a horse dressed as George Washington.

And by that I do mean a horse dressed as George Washington. I'll be naked to represent our friends in Coventry.

Must admit I have little appetite to go and watch. Team is shit and atmosphere is only going to be dreadful.

The biggest one for me is the atmosphere. We've been shit plenty of times in the past (althouth not quite this shit). In the past though we would get at other teams players, still try and make it uncomfortable and the atmosphere would still be decent at times. Now though it's just completely dead. We should be making it hard for smaller teams to play in a ground like ours but they come and stroll about like they own the place. Not that the players make it particularly difficult either mind.

I’d be happier with 90mins showing our support by singing the songs of former players/managers that gave a fuck about this club and gave their all.

Jonny Kay’s red and white tractor! Bosh.

It's what the Mags do.

When their team is shyte, they stay away in protest, though supporters of other team who desert their clubs when form dips are called 'part-time' supporters.

Still, if it make you feel better?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back