Real protest

There's half an argument that Liverpool fans' protesting had a part in Hicks and Gillett leaving there. I'm not so sure - I think that it was more them realising that owning a British football team isn't the guaranteed money tree that owning, say, an NFL franchise is. Bob Murray? A definite maybe. Bob was realising he'd reached the limits of what he could do here anyway. If you look at, for example, the Mags, Blackpool and Charlton, it had no effect at all. Ashley's still there, the Oystons only sold because a court made them, and the Charlton owner has just sold, but at a time and price of his own choosing.
The Liverpool one was against us iirc? Even the quite nasty West Ham one had little affect. I prefer to see us back the team although I can understand the frustration in people's minds in doing that too.

There's half an argument that Liverpool fans' protesting had a part in Hicks and Gillett leaving there. I'm not so sure - I think that it was more them realising that owning a British football team isn't the guaranteed money tree that owning, say, an NFL franchise is. Bob Murray? A definite maybe. Bob was realising he'd reached the limits of what he could do here anyway. If you look at, for example, the Mags, Blackpool and Charlton, it had no effect at all. Ashley's still there, the Oystons only sold because a court made them, and the Charlton owner has just sold, but at a time and price of his own choosing.

You can hound a manager out though and, much though Donald and his administration need peddling too, the immediate priority is surely this.

This team are not as bad as they are playing and that is down to the manager (and the idiots who hired him).

How about let’s go in and get behind the team and see how that goes

I think countless sets of players now have been fortunate to have that given whatever our relative struggle was at the time. Unfortunately we've found out it doesn't really make a difference and we keep descending to worse struggles.

You can hound a manager out though and, much though Donald and his administration need peddling too, the immediate priority is surely this.

This team are not as bad as they are playing and that is down to the manager (and the idiots who hired him).

Spot on, the immediate problem is Parkinson. Desperate for a lift that someone like Phillips or Keane would bring. At the moment, it's easy for the players to hide behind the obvious dislike for Parkinson aswell.

Personally i think its something we need to do, at the least it highlights to the country the shit we are dealing with. Most wont join in as its “mag-like” and will go on and clap.

we are a mid table league 1 team, with an owner who has ALLEGEDLY used club money to buy the club and then stripped out the entirety of the club’s infrastructure.

its very worrying times.

Lots of talk of not going etc. Can we really organise something for the game on Saturday?

Personally i'd be in favour of staying on the concourse for the first 15 mins. Leave the seats empty and then all file in on 15 mins. Makes a statement that this is what you're going to get next year if things don't improve, whilst actually still attending as theres no way the majority of people will just not go.

If a protest can be sorted out then i'd be part of it. If not then i might skip the match like I did Coventry. I didnt miss it at all and the thought of standing in a half empty bowl with zero atmosphere already has me wanting to make other plans. People will say im a part timer etc, thats fine, thats your opinion. I just dont want to watch my club die in front of my own eyes anymore. I'm still going to Doncaster, have been to 5 aways already and will be the same for the seconf half of the season aswell. Away days are still enjoyable, football aside. Home games are just an awful chore though so unless theres some kind of protest to at least vent our frustrations i dont see any point in going.
Well don't make any noise while we're having the 90 minutes silence in the ground.

Personally i'd be in favour of staying on the concourse for the first 15 mins. Leave the seats empty and then all file in on 15 mins. Makes a statement that this is what you're going to get next year if things don't improve, whilst actually still attending as theres no way the majority of people will just not go.
Newcastle did that last season, we scored just as they all came in

Lots of talk of not going etc. Can we really organise something for the game on Saturday?

If a protest can be sorted out then i'd be part of it. If not then i might skip the match like I did Coventry. I didnt miss it at all and the thought of standing in a half empty bowl with zero atmosphere already has me wanting to make other plans. People will say im a part timer etc, thats fine, thats your opinion. I just dont want to watch my club die in front of my own eyes anymore. I'm still going to Doncaster, have been to 5 aways already and will be the same for the seconf half of the season aswell. Away days are still enjoyable, football aside. Home games are just an awful chore though so unless theres some kind of protest to at least vent our frustrations i dont see any point in going.

Silence would be better. Just stand in abject silence for the first ten minutes

Protest to what end?

Back