RTG Read This Carefully

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wish it was possible to read warnings as for the first time in a decade posting I’ve received two. Not sure what was posted that was libellous, certainly wasn’t abusive or personal

Why are you embarrassed about strangers actions and what they post?
I'm embarrassed for them. You never see or hear anything properly cringey coming from people and think Christ, imagine spouting that shite? I'd say that was a fairly normal reaction.

Its the last thing I want to do, but I really am getting to the point where I wonder whether these forums should be shut down permanently.

We have that many petulant posters on here at the moment and the amount of abuse between posters, and libellous posts directed at owners/managers/players etc has gone off-scale over the last year and particularly in the last couple of months. Yes, feelings are high, but there is no excuse for a lot of what we are seeing in the "Football" forum.

Despite having a large team of moderators across several timezones it is becoming impossible to deal with this and only you, the members of the forums can make them go back on track.

Today alone, hundreds of posts have been removed (that is excluding the "takeover" thread which has been deleted) and several people have totted up enough warnings to be banned. That is not how I (and I am sure the majority of people here) want to see the forum running.

Can I ask everyone to have some restraint. Take a deep breath and think about what you are posting before you press the "Post" button. Remember you are responsible for what you post.
Totally agree. Faceless posters reply to fellow posters and think it’s ok to hurl abuse at them. They wouldn’t do it face to face so why do it on a forum.

Totally agree. Faceless posters reply to fellow posters and think it’s ok to hurl abuse at them. They wouldn’t do it face to face so why do it on a forum.
For some it's the only attention they get. They come out with such shite that in the real world they would get laughed at or worse. But on a forum they get the same attention as everyone else as it's the written word.

Some on here would have you believe we are playing in the northern league with the way they go on!

There's quite a few regular posters who have an agenda against the owners (and probably every owner that came before) sadly, the only pleasure they get is to come on here and bring everyone else down and if you look on here often, I think their plan is working.

Used to be decent craic on here, now it's just arguments, negativity and name calling.....I can get that off the wife!

Barely posted for a week, it’s been bloody awful.
They come and go Janey. When they' have nothing to whinge about they'll be gone. We know the respectable posters on here, this place has helped me in the past, lifts, tickets etc. We'll still be here long after they get bored.

On here not particularly. Now you can see why I think you're easily embarrassed
Nah, still seems odd never to think a particular post or comment is embarrassing like. Just a fleeting "Jesus, what a plum saying that". Perfectly normal behaviour. It's fine if you don't mind. No harm either way.

Good to see that you've acknowledged that it may have happened on occasion mind. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back