RTG Read This Carefully

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally I think those who whinge about abuse at every given opportunity are also part of the problem. This place used to be great you'd get called a daft name, laugh it off and get on with it. Now even the slightest bit of piss taking is whinged about

Obviously I acknowledge some* go to far times as well.

*I include myself in that

I got my first ban last week for letting some of the stupid negative for the sake of it posts annoy me, since coming back I have apologised to one person and also for the first time ever used the ignore feature.

Roger is right though we all need to calm down

Some of the stuff I read very early this morning was disgraceful though

Its the last thing I want to do, but I really am getting to the point where I wonder whether these forums should be shut down permanently.

We have that many petulant posters on here at the moment and the amount of abuse between posters, and libellous posts directed at owners/managers/players etc has gone off-scale over the last year and particularly in the last couple of months. Yes, feelings are high, but there is no excuse for a lot of what we are seeing in the "Football" forum.

Despite having a large team of moderators across several timezones it is becoming impossible to deal with this and only you, the members of the forums can make them go back on track.

Today alone, hundreds of posts have been removed (that is excluding the "takeover" thread which has been deleted) and several people have totted up enough warnings to be banned. That is not how I (and I am sure the majority of people here) want to see the forum running.

Can I ask everyone to have some restraint. Take a deep breath and think about what you are posting before you press the "Post" button. Remember you are responsible for what you post.

if people have enough warnings to be banned then the other mods should be banning them. you should also make the PF forum private so that others cant constantly read it without being a member

If they've totted enough points to be banned then ban them. The personal insults on here are off the scale. I don't think they realise that just because someone is famous, it doesn't mean it's acceptable to throw personal insults at them. Oh and ban MBH because he is a facist and a racist.
You should get the t-shirt mate:

Logon or register to see this image

I still have absolutely no idea where the warnings are kept so I have no idea if I am sailing close to the wind or not. Anyone?

About a quarter of those who have posted well said on this thread have been calling folk names in the last couple of weeks.

Seems the same as it ever was to me, get called names by the majority, decent chat with a few.

I love it. Would be boring if everyone was as boring as me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back