RTG Read This Carefully

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roger

Striker
Its the last thing I want to do, but I really am getting to the point where I wonder whether these forums should be shut down permanently.

We have that many petulant posters on here at the moment and the amount of abuse between posters, and libellous posts directed at owners/managers/players etc has gone off-scale over the last year and particularly in the last couple of months. Yes, feelings are high, but there is no excuse for a lot of what we are seeing in the "Football" forum.

Despite having a large team of moderators across several timezones it is becoming impossible to deal with this and only you, the members of the forums can make them go back on track.

Today alone, hundreds of posts have been removed (that is excluding the "takeover" thread which has been deleted) and several people have totted up enough warnings to be banned. That is not how I (and I am sure the majority of people here) want to see the forum running.

Can I ask everyone to have some restraint. Take a deep breath and think about what you are posting before you press the "Post" button. Remember you are responsible for what you post.

Its the last thing I want to do, but I really am getting to the point where I wonder whether these forums should be shut down permanently.

We have that many petulant posters on here at the moment and the amount of abuse between posters, and libellous posts directed at owners/managers/players etc has gone off-scale over the last year and particularly in the last couple of months. Yes, feelings are high, but there is no excuse for a lot of what we are seeing in the "Football" forum.

Despite having a large team of moderators across several timezones it is becoming impossible to deal with this and only you, the members of the forums can make them go back on track.

Today alone, hundreds of posts have been removed (that is excluding the "takeover" thread which has been deleted) and several people have totted up enough warnings to be banned. That is not how I (and I am sure the majority of people here) want to see the forum running.

Can I ask everyone to have some restraint. Take a deep breath and think about what you are posting before you press the "Post" button. Remember you are responsible for what you post.

Well said.

Here,here.

Personally I think those who whinge about abuse at every given opportunity are also part of the problem. This place used to be great you'd get called a daft name, laugh it off and get on with it. Now even the slightest bit of piss taking is whinged about

Obviously I acknowledge some* go to far times as well.

*I include myself in that

We are SAFC FFS! Regardless of wealth, who's managing us, the players at our disposal, ownership and everything else that comes with supporting the lads, we are SAFC, one of the biggest proudest clubs in the country.. Well at least that's what I believed until lately, fans arguing amongst one another online, calling out our owner who may I add is the most important thing to happen to us in years along with everything else negative.. Why can't we just be grateful for where we are now as a club. Nothing is given without effort and it pains me to say we've gave nothing of the sort lately.. What a shitstorm mind. We are too big for league one and we are festering but fuck me what's the point in supporting us if we can't be supportive. Thats my 5 pence anyways. Al renew next year and 20 there after regardless of our plight. Remember we are SAFC, and have 6 in a row. Other than that we play shite footy lately.. Enjoy ya weekends for once in the last 10 and have a bit faith in ya club man.

PF is a complete joke to be honest. There are other elements of the board I’d really miss but this part of the forum is a mess and is publicly viewable so it makes us as a fanbase appear as fickle as that lot up the road.

I agree, well said.

Just spat my coffee out at the last sentence 😄
On second thoughts, it's probably better that they are not banned. At least they are brought to task on here. If they weren't on here they'd be reposting right wing bile or slagging off the owners on Facebook and they'd get a thousand likes as opposed to being questioned about their beliefs.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back