Re-waxing a Barbour jacket

So I don't wear the current one, have re-waxed it with the intention of flogging it, and your advise is to buy a new one?

Mint. Have you ever considered having sex with your own face?
What about Edge of ruler or plastic scraper and draw it across the surface? Put it on a role around on some astro turf.
Pan scourer ? Washing up foam pad

I need to rewax mine, but the amount of bad stories I hear of people doing it themselves means I’ll probably send it off to Barbour.

Best to do it in the summer - melt the wax, lay it outside on a table, apply thin layers. When you're done, hang it in the car on the back of one of the front seats. Not very helpful in this case, I realise... I wore a new one on the Megabus to London once. Got there after 8 hours on a hot bus and I was a waxy, sweaty mess.

Best to do it in the summer - melt the wax, lay it outside on a table, apply thin layers. When you're done, hang it in the car on the back of one of the front seats. Not very helpful in this case, I realise... I wore a new one on the Megabus to London once. Got there after 8 hours on a hot bus and I was a waxy, sweaty mess.

Lack of summer and car and the fact I’ve already done it are standing in the way.

What a clart on man.

Melted the wax, sponged it all over the jacket but I obviously haven't rubbed it in enough or I've used too much wax.

I've had the hairdryer on it and rubbed the wax in as much as possible, then had it laying on brown paper weighted down then given it the hairdryer treatment again.

It's much better but is caked in wax. What can I do? Would hoying it in the washing machine for 20mins be advisable?
Send it back to Barbour. I took mine back to the factory and they called me and said they had discovered what they called a “weave fault” on one of the sleeves.

The gave me a brand new jacket free of charge. Great service.

Send it back to Barbour. I took mine back to the factory and they called me and said they had discovered what they called a “weave fault” on one of the sleeves.

Repaired my Explorer free of charge because they fucked up a bit of stitching on the inside (can’t see it obviously) so yes great service. Can’t go wrong with Barbour.

Repaired my Explorer free of charge because they fucked up a bit of stitching on the inside (can’t see it obviously) so yes great service. Can’t go wrong with Barbour.
Some of their stuff is made abroad now but they still make some stuff in South Shields.

Their machinists are all very good. Much higher standard that most clothing factories.

Sounds canny but that ship has sailed mate. Thanks though.

Sounds canny but that ship has sailed mate. Thanks though.
I feel your pain though as I bought some of the dressing and intended to do it myself but then thought I will just cock this up like everything else I try to do myself so I took it to them.

Fair play for trying though.

Back