Re-waxing a Barbour jacket

if selling on vinted, the punters probably wouldn't care if it was properly waxed or not, I sold a coat that hasnt been washed since I bought it 3.5 years ago and they didn't give a fuck/ had no idea based on their review.

That ship's sailed. I had a full pot of unused Barbour wax that's all – should have just included it in the Vinted listing.
I have. Would you do it if you could like?

Arl owa.

Last edited:

I tried to rewax mine on a Friday night after several beers several years ago , spilled the melted wax arl ower it and the table , however somehow recovered it , didn’t think anyone could mess it up more than me …..
Then you put yours in the washing machine to start off :lol: take it to Barbour is my advice for anyone wanting to even try

What a clart on man.

Melted the wax, sponged it all over the jacket but I obviously haven't rubbed it in enough or I've used too much wax.

I've had the hairdryer on it and rubbed the wax in as much as possible, then had it laying on brown paper weighted down then given it the hairdryer treatment again.

It's much better but is caked in wax. What can I do? Would hoying it in the washing machine for 20mins be advisable?
Going ratting all weekend like?

I tried to rewax mine on a Friday night after several beers several years ago , spilled the melted wax arl ower it and the table , however somehow recovered it , didn’t think anyone could mess it up more than me …..
Then you put yours in the washing machine to start off :lol: take it to Barbour is my advice for anyone wanting to even try
It worked like, got the smell out.

What a clart on man.

Melted the wax, sponged it all over the jacket but I obviously haven't rubbed it in enough or I've used too much wax.

I've had the hairdryer on it and rubbed the wax in as much as possible, then had it laying on brown paper weighted down then given it the hairdryer treatment again.

It's much better but is caked in wax. What can I do? Would hoying it in the washing machine for 20mins be advisable?
I hung mine on a washing line and just wiped it on with a sponge.
It was a sunny day , looked great after .
Hope you haven't knacked it

Wax hasn’t been my friend recently.

Some knacker spilled candle wax on one of my favourite tops and I can they the wax stains out.

Did the brown paper/iron thing then put it in the wash by I can’t get the marks out. Any ideas?

I would have said get it done at the Barbour factory, I know a lad who does it.
Defeats the object though of you're just selling it on Vinted.
I've waxed Fjallraven jackets myself with a block of wax and a hair dryer and it's easy.

Wax hasn’t been my friend recently.

Some knacker spilled candle wax on one of my favourite tops and I can they the wax stains out.

Did the brown paper/iron thing then put it in the wash by I can’t get the marks out. Any ideas?
Have you tried a bit washing up liquid gently rubbed in to both sides before washing?

What a clart on man.

I did this, still looks a mess, haven’t attempted to fix it yet.

I would have said get it done at the Barbour factory, I know a lad who does it.
Defeats the object though of you're just selling it on Vinted.
I've waxed Fjallraven jackets myself with a block of wax and a hair dryer and it's easy.
Recently watched a YouTube video and that's where I got the suggestion to use the hairdryer first.
If you're in the market John Lewis have a handful of Fjallraven bargains at the moment.

Back