RAWA RAWA/Club Meeting Minutes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feel sorry for MB at times as he's clearly been lumped with all of the problems surrounding the club and has to find the best balance of solutions on a shoestring budget.

Then he comes out with clackers.

Hi Martin, how do we make the Stadium more intimidating and give it a sense of an identity since it looks ragged and run down?
We can introduce clackers for the fans.
Bye.

One real tangible thing the club could have addressed was the Fulham game. Helping there or at very least making a stand, making announcements would have been a real positive and showed they understood what hurts their die hard fans

Instead, hey we found a lift after 20 years and at Rangers we tried clackers... but the fans hated it

Apart from simply confirming that the club is for sale that was a waste of time.
We have a hundred problems, the club is going down the drain and were talking about picking strips, the location of away fans, the fan zone, an old man in a lift and using clackers.....
i despair.

Apart from simply confirming that the club is for sale that was a waste of time.
We have a hundred problems, the club is going down the drain and were talking about picking strips, the location of away fans, the fan zone, an old man in a lift and using clackers.....
i despair.

Nail on head in one post

Why are so many people ripping off about this ‘off the cuff’ remark about f***ing clackers? There’s a lot more substance in those minutes that show progress from the RAWA....typical SMB reaction to a sensible post is hijacked by piss takers.

Agree...but that "clackers " comment by Bain was as ill-advised as Moyes's "relegation battle"(in August ) statement.....

I'm usually incredibly cynical but I have to admit that the key points taken from that discussion all appear to be positive ones.

We rightly give them criticism when its warranted but to me it appears they're open to taking on board what fans have to say going forward.

Whether they actually back that up with anything substantial is another thing.

FIVE THINGS: Positive step in the right direction as CEO Martin Bain meets Sunderland supporters

Give that a read.
I'd say 2 things there. Fan consultation on merchandise and a potential place on the board. The rest is just "stuff". As I said earlier the big opportunity for them to get people on their side was Fulham and they did nothing

I'd say 2 things there. Fan consultation on merchandise and a potential place on the board. The rest is just "stuff". As I said earlier the big opportunity for them to get people on their side was Fulham and they did nothing

I think moving the away fans is important too, even if it doesn't seem as important when placed alongside stuff like the ownership situation. I've had a season ticket holder in the SWC for years and I think the atmosphere since moving the away fans has been absolutely terrible. I'd be happy to see them come back down in order to help generate a bit more noise.

See Fulham v the time Quinny told sky to stick a televised game up their arse.
I realise were now skint but compromise/compo could have been suggested.

Agree...but that "clackers " comment by Bain was as ill-advised as Moyes's "relegation battle"(in August ) statement.....
C’mon man, that Moyes comment was a disgrace, the clackers was, (if you read what the guys said that were actually there) a throw away off the cuff remark...not worth the shit amount of concern on here.

I think moving the away fans is important too, even if it doesn't seem as important when placed alongside stuff like the ownership situation. I've had a season ticket holder in the SWC for years and I think the atmosphere since moving the away fans has been absolutely terrible. I'd be happy to see them come back down in order to help generate a bit more noise.
They want to move the away fans so they can close the concourse altogether man, they're not doing it for us. They will save on lift operating costs too !
I also sit in SW corner and tend to agree but many away fans were just tedious with their predictable soccer am like shite. It was like someone left them a printed sheet each week

They want to move the away fans so they can close the concourse altogether man, they're not doing it for us. They will save on lift operating costs too !
I also sit in SW corner and tend to agree but many away fans were just tedious with their predictable soccer am like shite. It was like someone left them a printed sheet each week

Wey whatever their intentions are, I just know the match-going experience was better when I had away fans to abuse. :)

Of course it’s just “stuff”

It’s a private company that has given its customers (albeit they are the very soul of the product) the ability to ask questions about the future of the business. The most pertinent questions around the sale and asset stripping have been answered to a level of detail that is reasonable given the sale is ongoing

As fans, we will never be privy to all the detail. That’s just unrealistic. And frankly, we would have no ability to influence it anyway

I really struggle to see what else people wanted or expected. The ability to vent? Well that’s not the forum for it.

I was cynical about all of this, but it’s a decent engagement in my eyes

Have some of this people ever been to a proper meeting?

That was my thought when I read the minutes. There will be people criticise who’ve never actually experienced a meeting in any line of work.

Of course it’s just “stuff”

It’s a private company that has given its customers (albeit they are the very soul of the product) the ability to ask questions about the future of the business. The most pertinent questions around the sale and asset stripping have been answered to a level of detail that is reasonable given the sale is ongoing

As fans, we will never be privy to all the detail. That’s just unrealistic. And frankly, we would have no ability to influence it anyway

I really struggle to see what else people wanted or expected. The ability to vent? Well that’s not the forum for it.

I was cynical about all of this, but it’s a decent engagement in my eyes

This. They’ve addressed a number of issues have been raised by several supporters as being major. Do people really expect that every little problem can be solved in one meeting?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back