RAWA RAWA/Club Meeting Minutes

I think moving the away fans is important too, even if it doesn't seem as important when placed alongside stuff like the ownership situation. I've had a season ticket holder in the SWC for years and I think the atmosphere since moving the away fans has been absolutely terrible. I'd be happy to see them come back down in order to help generate a bit more noise.

South west corner would be a great place to house away supporters

Agree...but that "clackers " comment by Bain was as ill-advised as Moyes's "relegation battle"(in August ) statement.....

The response of the RAWA wasn’t entirely dismissive of the idea. I’m not even sure it was a suggestion. It seemed more of a comment on what they did at Rangers

Of course it’s just “stuff”

It’s a private company that has given its customers (albeit they are the very soul of the product) the ability to ask questions about the future of the business. The most pertinent questions around the sale and asset stripping have been answered to a level of detail that is reasonable given the sale is ongoing

As fans, we will never be privy to all the detail. That’s just unrealistic. And frankly, we would have no ability to influence it anyway

I really struggle to see what else people wanted or expected. The ability to vent? Well that’s not the forum for it.

I was cynical about all of this, but it’s a decent engagement in my eyes

I've never asked for any detail, I appreciate they can't share anything important, I'm not daft and you'll rarely hear me protest about SAFC. But... to date Bain has delivered zero in my eyes, we've got a few premises to look at things but I don't see one tangible positive the bloke has delivered on. We've gone from mid table premership form to facing Accrington Stanley in the blink of an eye. As I said earlier there was one big opportunity for them to stand up for fans who are mental enough to book in advance to watch this shower and they did fuck all.

I still blame Moyes for most of this shit mind

Honestly man, they sat down before the meeting and decided what positivity they could take to the fans.

The safety bloke thinks that the fact we now allow elderly or infirm fans to use a lift to access the upper floors of a very tall building is progressive. Bain thought of clackers.

Lee Camp trying to gather a shot is a perfect reflection of what is going on behind the scenes. Thanks to those who take time to sit and listen to their bollocks
Its a load of shite anyway man, used to work on the turnstiles a while back and away fans would use the BCB lift if needed.
It'll be because they got rid of most of the safc staff and got clueless agency staff in.

I've never asked for any detail, I appreciate they can't share anything important, I'm not daft and you'll rarely hear me protest about SAFC. But... to date Bain has delivered zero in my eyes, we've got a few premises to look at things but I don't see one tangible positive the bloke has delivered on. We've gone from mid table premership form to facing Accrington Stanley in the blink of an eye. As I said earlier there was one big opportunity for them to stand up for fans who are mental enough to book in advance to watch this shower and they did fuck all.

I still blame Moyes for most of this shit mind
That’s a different thing tho?

Regrettably, the minutes suggest that the meeting was just a load of wind and piss with little of substance emerging.

However, at least these discussions are happening - people kicking off because the representatives from the supports groups aren't asking "why's camp so shit?" or "the fuck are you doing about this shit team?" etc obviously haven't been to constructive meetings in their lives.
How have we managed to sign three goalkeepers that aren't fit for purpose and what is their resale value? This should have made Bain squirm a bit.

It all comes back round to not much is going to get better until new owners have come in. At the moment there is no money for anything.
Pork pies were available at the meeting.

Last edited:
Usual replies I see.

It's a good idea. Judging by the minutes it's looks like a good dialogue and the club have been more open that I would have expected, certainly on the sale. I expect that's a deliberate act as they will no doubt know we are on tenderhooks for some positive news on the sale.

All in all, I think it's a good thing. How people can twist about it baffles me.

There is no such thing as a tenderhook, as a hook cannot be tender.
There is however such thing as a tenterhook. You will find them on a tenter.
A tenter is a rack on which tenterhooks are attached to hang your wet clothes on so that they can dry.

How have we managed to sign three goalkeepers that aren't fit for purpose and what is their resale value? This should have made Bain squirm a bit

But the point of these meetings is constructive communication, not making Bain “squirm”?

Are you seriously saying that these meetings should be a load of complaints about the players etc??

But the point of these meetings is constructive communication, not making Bain “squirm”?

Are you seriously saying that these meetings should be a load of complaints about the players etc??
No. Bain has been a failure as the CEO at SAFC despite his rhetoric and this should be pointed out, the three goalkeepers signed during his tenure being an ideal example.

No. Bain has been a failure as the CEO at SAFC despite his rhetoric and this should be pointed out, the three goalkeepers signed during his tenure being an ideal example.

But that’s not what this meeting is about? It’s not about criticism of anyone. You saying he’s a failure is just an opinion (and not even one I necessarily disagree with personally).

This is about the club communicating with the fans, listening and responding. It’s not about the players on the pitch, it’s about nearly everything else.

But that’s not what this meeting is about? It’s not about criticism of anyone. You saying he’s a failure is just an opinion (and not even one I necessarily disagree with personally).

This is about the club communicating with the fans, listening and responding. It’s not about the players on the pitch, it’s about nearly everything else.
It was a load of wind and piss reading those minutes. Clackers FFS. The meetings are about two way communication not sticking to SAFC's/Bain's agenda. Part of the process should be for the supporters to ask difficult questions for the SAFC representatives to answer.

Absolutely right if applying any measure relating to football.

His get out card is that apparently he was brought in to manage the balance sheet, fk knows how that works, we should have hired a finance director and saved bains salary.

Absolutely right if applying any measure relating to football.

His get out card is that apparently he was brought in to manage the balance sheet, fk knows how that works, we should have hired a finance director and saved bains salary.
I'd be very interested to know the basis of Bain's remuneration package as I reckon there will be hefty incentives for managing the club within certain cost parameters which has driven the recruitment of cast offs and poor loan players who have generally been a waste of money.

Easy to consider fan representation on the board when the existing board know there will be more than likely be a new board and direction within the next 12 months.

Can we ask if the club will use I follow next season please. The club can make a bit money from this. We need all the revenue we can get.

Back