Rate Donald’s time as owner so far out of 10

The more I ponder this, the more I think he’s done nothing special. I could’ve walked in there and done what he’s done, but I recon I could’ve had more success on the pitch doing it.

Initial feel good factor and attracting fans back aside, it’s been poor! 3/10

Saved the club according to some on here.

A very generous 6 then mate

The worry for me is when he said on the radio that, if he defaults in the loan payments to the Yanks and they own everything lock, stock then it's what we want anyway. In other words, we'll get what we deserve if it goes horribly wrong.
You might be right.but nobody knows the repayment details....but don won't default on the loan imho ..... I cannot fathom what's going on with the yank loan but I don't trust s word don says.

The worry for me is when he said on the radio that, if he defaults in the loan payments to the Yanks and they own everything lock, stock then it's what we want anyway. In other words, we'll get what we deserve if it goes horribly wrong.
I'm not sure this is a worry to be honest mate. The yanks would have secured the club for £10m, with massive of growth potential if they manage it right.

All this shite about they could pull down the SOL and AOL and build houses etc...its land in Sunderland, not exactly central London, i suspect that it isn't worth a massive amount, or certainly not even for the yanks to even bother with given their portfolio.

I'd be more excited with these lads in charge to be honest.

3 at best, completely out of his depth at a club this size, needs to go and quick or his legacy could be much much worse than we were looking at under short and his set of clowns.

In fact separate question would you have short back? Personally I would in a second

3 at best, completely out of his depth at a club this size, needs to go and quick or his legacy could be much much worse than we were looking at under short and his set of clowns.

In fact separate question would you have short back? Personally I would in a second
You're on a windup surely. Short left the club on the brink of collapse. Stop being hysterical.

You're on a windup surely. Short left the club on the brink of collapse. Stop being hysterical.
Wtf do u think we are at now m8? Seriously we are at the lowest point in my 50 years of supporting them, and if I’m being hysterical by saying I can’t see us being anything but a third division club for the foreseeable, then on current form I’m being optimistic. We are relegation material, and Donald hasn’t a clue or the pockets to get us anywhere near where we belong.

In short at least we had someone to bail us out, his judgment in people may have been flawed, but he put his money where his mouth is. This fucker might as well have his zipped up, cos he’s got nowt to put in it.

You might be right.but nobody knows the repayment details....but don won't default on the loan imho ..... I cannot fathom what's going on with the yank loan but I don't trust s word don says.
Why wouldn't he default on the loan if it was that or reduce his ever dwindling cash reserve by.chucming money at a club that is going nowehere fast and is pretty much worthless. He's in a lot of trouble here and will be regretting his gamble.

Why wouldn't he default on the loan if it was that or reduce his ever dwindling cash reserve by.chucming money at a club that is going nowehere fast and is pretty much worthless. He's in a lot of trouble here and will be regretting his gamble.
The loan repayments will be paid out from revenue ,when we are in the 1st division next season we will have a average league one wage bill (once hes got rid of anybody not on league one wages)and 10-15 thousand crowds will pay for that!you dont appear to realise how low we are going to go under don at the helm ,he will sell anything thats not bolted down and turn our club into a league one business!

Last edited:
The loan repayments will be paid out from revenue ,when we are in the 1st division next season we will have a average league one wage bill (once hes got rid of anybody not on league one wages)and 10-15 thousand crowds will pay for that!you dont appear to realise how low we are going to go under don at the helm ,he will sell anything thats not bolted down and turn our club into a league one business!

I am not sure we will make enough without SD topping up. So he may well need to liquidate an asset or two. But who knows.

I am not sure we will make enough without SD topping up. So he may well need to liquidate an asset or two. But who knows.
I think thats what the 10 million loans for to sell everything we dont need and reduce costs to league one levels 10-15 thousand paying customers will be enough to keep the club afloat!

Don't even think it's about the size of the club tbh, he'd be out of his depth anywhere. When you can't get recruitment in place, can't get a managerial appointment right and seemingly have no vision for a club then you'll likely fail at any level. Did he not say that he felt he ultimately failed at Eastleigh because he'd hoped to get them higher up the pyramid? I don't think he's a bad bloke and hope he doesn't get bad abuse, I don't think he was a chancer or just out for a quick profit, I just think he's inept in the role. If he could afford a decent DoF it might help, but like Short before him he'd probably get that appointment wrong as well

Nasty dose of Stockholm Syndrome you’ve got there mate.

Started well but has been on a downward spiral ever since. An owner who once thought he was in touch with the fans has totally lost it imho.

A very generous 6 then mate

I get generous around Christmas mate.

The 6 feels very generous on current performance. But I’m thinking of it as a composite of the two years. Broad strokes, I felt he did very well last year. But as of this year...

Back