RAOS: Huddersfield in for Hume...

Status
Not open for further replies.

My god, how clueless are some people on here? “Sell hume” “sell 09” same people that hounded PVA, Wingbacks offer a different threat they’re not all just about defending and we have an excellent prospect on our hands. The system we play breaks down without Hume, 09 and even Charlie Wyke. If we sold either of them we wouldn’t replace them with anyone better.
It would be insanity to sell.

He was fantastic against Wycombe at the weekend. He's going to be a top talent.
Agree with this but only if he works on his positioning defensively. I can see how his attacking ability can progress up the leagues but not yet with his defensive work. No reason it can’t happen, he seems like a hard working lad

My god, how clueless are some people on here? “Sell hume” “sell 09” same people that hounded PVA, Wingbacks offer a different threat they’re not all just about defending and we have an excellent prospect on our hands. The system we play breaks down without Hume, 09 and even Charlie Wyke. If we sold either of them we wouldn’t replace them with anyone better.
It would be insanity to sell.

We’re in league 1 so plenty of players we should be able to bring in to replace those players. Problem is we are too reliant on players being offered to us. Wouldn’t label anyone irreplaceable, we/they are not that good and when we go up we’ll need to replace a lot of players regardless.

Last edited by a moderator:
Agree with this but only if he works on his positioning defensively. I can see how his attacking ability can progress up the leagues but not yet with his defensive work. No reason it can’t happen, he seems like a hard working lad

Loads said that about PVA but he’s still first choice for a Premier League side and gets called up for his country, whilst we are languishing in League One.

We’re in league 1 so plenty of players we should be able to bring in to replace those players. Problem is we are too reliant on players being offered to us. Wouldn’t label anyone irreplaceable, we/they are not that good and when we go up we’ll need to replace a lot of players regardless.
We are in league one yes, but we want to get out of it this season and then two players are imperative to the system that is winning us games, our recruitment is a shambles and it didn’t work out well for us last season when we sold Maja.
its a ridiculous to even think about selling two of our most important players half way through a season we need to be promoted in.

Rightly or wrongly the system we are playing depends on Hume and o’nien, we are already short in those areas and injuries to either would hamper the progress we have seen significantly.

These are areas we need to be looking to strengthen not weaken
Exactly. The most crucial signings this window imo are back ups to our wingbacks, not replacements ffs.

OP definitely isn't a bull shitter mind. And a decent young attacking full back attracting interest, hardly outlandish! Hope we keep him mind, go up this season and if he does canny in the championship he'd be worth a lot more than £3.5m

I don’t think he’s a bullshitter either but it seems odd. Lincoln are resigned to losing Toffolo to them and they’ve already got Jaden Brown who’s younger than Hume and highly rated.

Unless they’re targeting Hume as a left winger and not a full back but then I think there’s better value for that money than someone who doesn’t naturally play there.

We are in league one yes, but we want to get out of it this season and then two players are imperative to the system that is winning us games, our recruitment is a shambles and it didn’t work out well for us last season when we sold Maja.
its a ridiculous to even think about selling two of our most important players half way through a season we need to be promoted in.

I’d rather keep Hume out of the 2, his output is much better, he runs with the ball and he’s got more quality in the final third, he’d be harder to replace. I think a side with decent recruitment would be able replace O’Nien. Wyke absolutely isn’t replaceable too.

Jack Stacey was a better wing back and went for 4 mill to Bournemouth so the price lines up (to go back to this thread)

Last edited by a moderator:
If this is true, and it's a big if, Hume will be a Huddersfield player by the end of January. We'll get fed some line about him being a really good deal here but his agent want a new contract worth 3 times more.

I’d rather keep Hume out of the 2, his output is much better, he runs with the ball and he’s got more quality in the final third, he’d be harder to replace. I think a side with decent recruitment would be able replace O’Nien. Wyke absolutely isn’t replaceable too.

Jack Stacey was a better wing back and went for 4 mill to Bournemouth so the price lines up (to go back to this thread)
I personally think we need to keep them both and add cover, they’re both young with room for improvement. Selling isn’t an option imo. I know most clubs should be able to replace all of them at this level but not us :lol:

With our track record of replacing players, we shouldn’t be shifting any first teamers at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back