Ranieri has been sacked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Played well above their level but not world class ffs.
Those words get banded about too readily these days.

I didn't say they were world class, I said last season they performed at a world class level.

Both players were in the top eight of the Balon d'Or last year, I assume you think the top eight is world class level?

Don't agree with all of that like matey. Ranieri has obviously made mistakes but you look at the attitude and committment of some of the players (Vardy) and you can tell they are not giving 100%. They got the big contracts and reverted back to type, the players should be ashamed of themselves. For what it's worth I class Ranieri as a one season wonder as well like but deserved the chance to pull them out the shit.

Yeah I agree about the players not putting the same effort in but at the same time they don't do the basics right. I.e they can't defend corners.

They needed a change and a new sense of direction just to try and break it up as they were without a doubt going down.

You can't criticise the Vardy and Mahrez contracts. Last year they performed at a world class level and were linked to some of the best clubs in the world. Leicester also had a transfer kitty of £100m+ in the summer. As I've said before he hasn't been sacked for falling away in the title race, he's been sacked for nearly getting the club relegated despite the advantages he has and because he has no idea to turn the situation.
Vardy and Mahrez are part of the reason you are in trouble. Vardy is more concerned about him and his lass being seen as the council estate Posh and Becks. There has been games where the pair off them haven't looked bother and are quite happen to the money in the bank and a PL winners medal in their back pocket.

I don't think I'd be too unhappy if they got Mancini. He's got absolutely zero experience in managing a struggling team in a relegation battle, and is used to having scads of money in top four sides. Does that remind you of anybody?

I'd agree with that but the decision to not cash in on them was a big mistake. They are not worth 100k a week. You should have peddled them and brought in better quality.

In hindsight you're probably right but with the information we had at the time £100k a week contracts was absolutely the right decision.

Imagine if Sunderland had won the league and then willingly sold two players who between then had 67 goals and assists between them in the league last season. By contrast the whole Arsenal team only had 65 goals. There'd be murders on Wearside.

The thing that gets me is they are also three seasons up where they've struggled two out of three seasons so this is thier norm and will be thier norm for the foreseeable future. There's way too many of the team that struggled first season back up still in the team, just like we still have four or five in our squad that's struggled season on season this is there level, one season where they played above themselves isn't there norm.

Leicester fans should have been down on the ground kissing Ranieri's feet.

Leicester fans should have been down on the ground kissing Ranieri's feet.

Ranieri has a ton of respect and love in Leicester, he was never booed and will probably get a statue built of him at some point and this season will be swept under the carpet and he'll only be remembered for his title win, a bit like Bob Stokoe and the FA Cup win.

However his ineptitude and incompetence couldn't be ignored for much longer, the club has to come before anything else.

The thing that gets me is they are also three seasons up where they've struggled two out of three seasons so this is thier norm and will be thier norm for the foreseeable future. There's way too many of the team that struggled first season back up still in the team, just like we still have four or five in our squad that's struggled season on season this is there level, one season where they played above themselves isn't there norm.
Spot on. Leicester have gone back to their standard level and some people can't handle it.

Vardy and Mahrez are part of the reason you are in trouble. Vardy is more concerned about him and his lass being seen as the council estate Posh and Becks. There has been games where the pair off them haven't looked bother and are quite happen to the money in the bank and a PL winners medal in their back pocket.
Play a deep line and Vardy is fucked. Mahrez cuts back to his left foot. Bingo, Leicester sorted. Kante as well mind.

Another team down the bottom taking the gamble of a new manager bounce to pull them away. Swansea and Hull looked lost. Swansea are well clear now and although Hull are in the zone, they are looking much better. It has not worked for Palace. I think that leaves us and Boro as the only ones at the bottom who have not gambled yet.
Our man is the gambler with the track record though. He knows when to hold em and when to fold em. I think there's a few teams played their hands too soon.

You can't criticise the Vardy and Mahrez contracts. Last year they performed at a world class level and were linked to some of the best clubs in the world. Leicester also had a transfer kitty of £100m+ in the summer. As I've said before he hasn't been sacked for falling away in the title race, he's been sacked for nearly getting the club relegated despite the advantages he has and because he has no idea to turn the situation.

Sorry but that's absolute nonsense.

Mancini "sounded out" according to SSN.
He seems the obvious solution but once they're out of the CL.......
Walking into a club still playing in the CL KO stage has to be tempting to a manager. If they go out V Seville the quality of they're applicants will drop to the quality that we get.

Ranieri has a ton of respect and love in Leicester, he was never booed and will probably get a statue built of him at some point and this season will be swept under the carpet and he'll only be remembered for his title win, a bit like Bob Stokoe and the FA Cup win.

However his ineptitude and incompetence couldn't be ignored for much longer, the club has to come before anything else.
You won't have a club anyone gives a fuck about now he's gone. He's the sole reason you did what you did last season and got to where you have in the CL. The club will go back to its default state of achieving nothing without him.

It's the players who've fucked Leicester up...not the manager. Surely, one day,these club owners will finally realise that once they've signed a modern day contract with these modern day players they lose the ability to enforce them to keep their part of the deal and the only option open to them in the event of non-performance is to bullet the manager,who's probably the only one not to blame. Much easier to get rid of one man than to try to pay off 20+ players.
The club owners realised this decades ago.........which is why they've all bailed out post PL. The Moores on Merseyside, Edwards at Utd, Scholar at Spurs, Hill Woods at Arsenal etc etc etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back