random drugs test

Status
Not open for further replies.
Class As are a mugs game.

Hopefully he gets let off with a warning, depending on his job. Putting people with drug habits out of work is like giving somebody a nudge on the side of a cliff, can be the catalyst of a life-running snowball effect.

Well, not quite. The nudge thing is a bit more instantly permanent!

I've never worked on a site (or took drugs tbf) but what is to stop a worker pissing in a bottle before hand, keeping it on him, then when told to go for a piss, pouring said bottle into sample bottle, and handing it over ? surely they can't be watched over having a slash ?
serious question btw
At ours they would empty your pockets etc give you one of their specimen bottles obviously marked up and you go into toilet with taps and everything shut off or behind screen so you cant cheat it

bit harsh like, he may have been there 10 years and never even seen a drugs tester. someone offers him a line at a party on saturday night and he is supposed to recite the terms and conditions of his contract.

had some of the best times of my life with mates when we've been getting on various things. certainly didn't bring out the worst in us. its all about moderation

I'm not even arguing. I know how bad coke is I get a weekly reminder everytime I go out. Just because you and your mates can handle it there are 100s who can't

feel sorry for anyone this happens to. its a f***ing joke that your employer can control what you do outside of work. i've got nothing against testing to see if someone is under the influence of drugs, and if so, then obviously they should be instantly sacked. but taking something on a saturday night and then getting sacked for it on monday morning at work is shit.
It's still in your system for days so it's not that shit really. If he had an accident on site the employer is liable

Wouldn't want to get pish on my face.

If 6 were caught they might get away with it, depends how hard they will be to replace.

I do, drug prohibition is f***ing stupid.
normally yes it should be down to personal choice, but on a construction site he can be a danger to himself and others around him and if its showing up in his piss he took it relatively recently so it will still be affecting him.

normally yes it should be down to personal choice, but on a construction site he can be a danger to himself and others around him and if its showing up in his piss he took it relatively recently so it will still be affecting him.
They can find traces of coke in your urine for 3-5 days after usage, weed can show up 4-6 weeks iirc. Nobody that had tried either would suggest either would impair you

Piss testing isn't effective at showing someone it under the influence of anything, it's just cheap.

Being present in urine =/= being under the influence or 'effected by', in fairness.

not being funny mate but a couple of lines on a Saturday night and a few drinks should in no way whatsoever effect your work on a monday regardless of what you do

no different than any normal hangover apart from pick bits of crust out ya nostril

I'm guessing it's to cover their backs really..

Until taking Coke is legal not sure how you can blame a company for not wanting its staff to not use drugs.

That's the problem taking drugs has been romanticised and far too many accept it as normal now.

Not like the lad puffed a joint he's been sniffing gear.
Whether a drug is legal or not bear no impact on most jobs, whether you are under the influence does.

The class system for drugs is fairly arbitrary, a line of coke is not worse than a joint.
Being present in urine =/= being under the influence or 'effected by', in fairness.
No, it doesn't.

Last edited:
They can find traces of coke in your urine for 3-5 days after usage, weed can show up 4-6 weeks iirc. Nobody that had tried either would suggest either would impair you

Piss testing isn't effective at showing someone it under the influence of anything, it's just cheap.
Even heavy stoners will usually be clean if they abstain for a week. No idea about coke in fairness.

Still, even if you write off my second sentence, the first, about it could be dangerous because of the job you do, remains valid.

not being funny mate but a couple of lines on a Saturday night and a few drinks should in no way whatsoever effect your work on a monday regardless of what you do

no different than any normal hangover apart from pick bits of crust out ya nostril
fine, and if you get smashed on a Friday night and chop your finger off on Monday it shouldn't really be anyones issue but your own, but there will be investigations and loss of reputation and all sorts.

It is a matter of personal choice, except if you're a pilot or traindeiver or construction worker, or do anything that could hurt people.

Whether a drug is legal or not bear no impact on most jobs, whether you are under the influence does.

The class system for drugs is fairly arbitrary, a line of coke is not worse than a joint.

No, it doesn't.

I'd strongly disagree.

I'd recommend neither but for example I think a child would be in more danger if being looked after someone who's just done a line than smoked a joint.

bit harsh like, he may have been there 10 years and never even seen a drugs tester. someone offers him a line at a party on saturday night and he is supposed to recite the terms and conditions of his contract.

had some of the best times of my life with mates when we've been getting on various things. certainly didn't bring out the worst in us. its all about moderation
Would you have complained if you had been caught?

After a couple of days some people still feel depressed, anxious or paranoid, can't be good for a work environment....
Pretty much me on Monday after a Saturday session on the pints tbh.

I think coke users are gimps but I find this kind of thing needlessly invasive. If they're using or under the influence at work fair enough but otherwise it just seems like moralising.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back