random drugs test

Last edited:

My cousins kid,decent career in the forces,failed a random drug test,said he had been spiked :rolleyes: kicked out,works as a driver in sunny sunderland nowadays,always regrets.

one of me mates has just been caught with cocaine in his system.....this was from Saturday hes obviously gone onto site Monday and been random piss tests..

is there ever anyway of getting out of such things or will it be instant dismissal
Bloke I worked with got out of it because he didn’t sign to get it tested properly

Class As are a mugs game.

Hopefully he gets let off with a warning, depending on his job. Putting people with drug habits out of work is like giving somebody a nudge on the side of a cliff, can be the catalyst of a life-running snowball effect.

feel sorry for anyone this happens to. its a f***ing joke that your employer can control what you do outside of work. i've got nothing against testing to see if someone is under the influence of drugs, and if so, then obviously they should be instantly sacked. but taking something on a saturday night and then getting sacked for it on monday morning at work is shit.

I've never worked on a site (or took drugs tbf) but what is to stop a worker pissing in a bottle before hand, keeping it on him, then when told to go for a piss, pouring said bottle into sample bottle, and handing it over ? surely they can't be watched over having a slash ?
serious question btw

they search you quite thoroughly before following you into the toilets. they have one cubicle allocated that is taped off so no one can go in. and the bottle you piss in has a thermometer on the side of it built in, the piss has to be within a certain couple of degrees or else its void. also they put dye in the toilet before hand so you cant use the toilet water to dilute your piss. its quite a serious operation, as everything they do has to be able to be scrutinised by a court of law if it comes to it. you have to sign about 20 bits of paper during the process, everything double locked away in tamper proof bags and everything. if they get one step wrong, the whole thing is void, even if you fail.

some places do an instant dip-test and if you pass that, then you don't have to send it away to the labs. the one i failed on, they sent it straight to the lab so i didn't get HR coming to get me till 3 days later. they retested me and i was clean by then, was a total farce. i hadn't even been taking anything, i chased the labs up for a few days as they weren't going to release my results due to some data protection thing, then eventually when i got them (via my HR) i had failed for opiates, through poppy seeds.

the whole system is a swizz to put insurance policies up and give big companies more power over the little man. someone. moderately, taking coke on a weekend or even having a spliff on an evening is in no way a health and safety risk at work the next day. daft thing is you could probably have 7 or 8 pints on a night, go to work the next day, have lots of alcohol in your system still, take a breath test about dinner time and fall just underneath the limit, and be sent straight back out to work

Last edited:
they search you quite thoroughly before following you into the toilets. they have one cubicle allocated that is taped off so no one can go in. and the bottle you piss in has a thermometer on the side of it built in, the piss has to be within a certain couple of degrees or else its void. also they put dye in the toilet before hand so you cant use the toilet water to dilute your piss. its quite a serious operation, as everything they do has to be able to be scrutinised by a court of law if it comes to it. you have to sign about 20 bits of paper during the process, everything double locked away in tamper proof bags and everything. if they get one step wrong, the whole thing is void, even if you fail.

some places do an instant dip-test and if you pass that, then you don't have to send it away to the labs. the one i failed on, they sent it straight to the lab so i didn't get HR coming to get me till 3 days later. they retested me and i was clean by then, was a total farce. i hadn't even been taking anything, i chased the labs up for a few days as they weren't going to release my results due to some data protection thing, then eventually when i got them (via my HR) i had failed for opiates, through poppy seeds.

the whole system is a swizz to put insurance policies up and give big companies more power over the little man. someone. moderately, taking coke on a weekend or even having a spliff on an evening is in no way a health and safety risk at work the next day. daft thing is you could probably have 7 or 8 pints on a night, go to work the next day, have lots of alcohol in your system still, take a breath test about dinner time and fall just underneath the limit, and be sent straight back out to work

:eek: bloody hell, that's opened my eyes !
thanks for the insight mate 👍

feel sorry for anyone this happens to. its a f***ing joke that your employer can control what you do outside of work. i've got nothing against testing to see if someone is under the influence of drugs, and if so, then obviously they should be instantly sacked. but taking something on a saturday night and then getting sacked for it on monday morning at work is shit.

I'm guessing it's to cover their backs really..

Until taking Coke is legal not sure how you can blame a company for not wanting its staff to not use drugs.

That's the problem taking drugs has been romanticised and far too many accept it as normal now.

Not like the lad puffed a joint he's been sniffing gear.

I'm guessing it's to cover their backs really..

Until taking Coke is legal not sure how you can blame a company for not wanting its staff to not use drugs.

That's the problem taking drugs has been romanticised and far too many accept it as normal now.

Not like the lad puffed a joint he's been sniffing gear.

smoking a joint is just the same, if not worse, in the drug testing business. a joint will stay in your system much longer, and as far as the test is concerned you either pass or fail

personally i just think they should somehow move the threshold to allow the test to determine the difference between just 'in the system' and 'under the influence' - as its two completely different things. they do it with alcohol.

smoking a joint is just the same, if not worse, in the drug testing business. a joint will stay in your system much longer, and as far as the test is concerned you either pass or fail

personally i just think they should somehow move the threshold to allow the test to determine the difference between just 'in the system' and 'under the influence' - as its two completely different things. they do it with alcohol.

Weed is moving slowly towards legalisation and is a much better drug.

Coke is scummy and brings the worst out in people.

I agree you should be allowed to do what you want but if you know there's a drug testing policy the lads only got himself to blame

Weed is moving slowly towards legalisation and is a much better drug.

Coke is scummy and brings the worst out in people.

I agree you should be allowed to do what you want but if you know there's a drug testing policy the lads only got himself to blame

bit harsh like, he may have been there 10 years and never even seen a drugs tester. someone offers him a line at a party on saturday night and he is supposed to recite the terms and conditions of his contract.

had some of the best times of my life with mates when we've been getting on various things. certainly didn't bring out the worst in us. its all about moderation

Back