Random cricket stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

I was crossing the road in North London in the late 80's, and the car that slowed down at the zebra crossing was being driven by John Emburey. He gave one of those slightly embarrassed smiles when my eyes and mouth opened wide, and I began pointing and waving at him.

Once bowled an over live on sky sports
England test at county ground finished early and was playing game at cls
Cameras came up Charles colville and about 1500 fans
He was interviewing metcalfe I think whilst I bowled an over at Ryan birbeck
2nd half was interesting as crowd got bigger and more pissed 😀😀

He took an astonishing catch in a one-dayer on the Ashes tour 86/87.

Thinking of dull spinners, David Acfield was an accomplished fencer and taught it in PE lessons at Brentwood School, the "posh" private one that Noel Edmonds went to.

My youngun once put on 100 and odd 50 each with a lad that went on to play for Australia who then scored a 50 against England in a warm up game

It was in a midweek league and they were both playing as wronguns 😉

In club cricket as a opening bat, took me years and years to score my first hundred, when eventually did, I scored another the very next day, double weekend 119 on the Saturday against Whitburn and 122 on the Sunday against South Shields.

Only scored another two over 20 odd years.

In another game I bowled one over that went for 26!, In the same game against Sunderland I scored 96no out of a total of 109 for 6.

All just at second team level like!

Last edited:
In club cricket as a opening bat, took me years and years to score my first hundred, when eventually did, I scored another the very next day, double weekend 119 on the Saturday against Whitburn and 122 on the Sunday against South Shields.

In another game I bowled one over that went for 26!, In the same game against Sunderland I scored 96no out of a total of 109 for 6.

That first hundred tho something special

Still got to be scored mate.

Never scored one in forty years of playing - been out on 86 four time though:oops: - saved getting fined for getting out in the 90s, I suppose.

Once bowled a spell of 2-0-64-0. Wtf the skipper was thinking of giving me another over after the first one went for 32, I'll never know. I was consistent though.

Once bowled an over live on sky sports
England test at county ground finished early and was playing game at cls
Cameras came up Charles colville and about 1500 fans
He was interviewing metcalfe I think whilst I bowled an over at Ryan birbeck
2nd half was interesting as crowd got bigger and more pissed 😀😀
I played in this game. Got a standing applause second innings for a straight drive for 4.. don’t think I’ve hit one since!

Gonna miss 20/20 not gonna miss the100 don't like the idea.... Gonna miss 1 day cricket... Hope to see a few test matches later in year but not sure it will happen..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back