Random cricket stuff

I remember a waist high sliding tackle-esque stop on a ball at South North he successfully pulled off!!haha

Ask AR about when he got chased down the first hole fairway at Houghton or about a door being stood in a hole dug in his front garden, with ‘Robbing bastard’ written on it :)
Know who u r now.
Hope u and ur family are all ok

Trotski was medium quick - not as quick as the likes of Keith Chapman - but he was accurate and moved the ball both ways. Really good bowler even on flat tracks. On a, shall we say, bowler-friendly surface like Silksworth was back then, he was a real handful.

Flacka's a good mate of mine and used to see him most Friday's pre-lockdown. You're right, he was Houghton's best captain and is up there with the best I've played under.

Is he the same bloke who later on when he got a bit older captained South Shields seconds for a few years?

I remember a waist high sliding tackle-esque stop on a ball at South North he successfully pulled off!!haha

Ask AR about when he got chased down the first hole fairway at Houghton or about a door being stood in a hole dug in his front garden, with ‘Robbing bastard’ written on it :)

Will take a pass on that
Is he the same bloke who later on when he got a bit older captained South Shields seconds for a few years?

Played a game with my son few years back and he popped up keeping wicket !

Last edited:
Best pavilion I ever had the privilege to come out of for a game was The Oval (it was a charity game with one of the club sponsors at the time). I was the last person to go out onto the field by a good 5 minutes when we were bowling. In the hallway leading onto the pitch was a sofa, and on the walls were phtos, paintings, and a roll of honour.

Gives me goosebumps thinking about it now. At the time, my mind flashed back to the likes of Viv Richards, Michael Holding and the great Windies side of '76, and their army of supporters, the series that sparked my love of cricket.

On my stag do 2005 blackpool (day 4 of 5)
Mark turner got a few of us tickets for game at old Trafford. In players lounge after (Benkenstein) got us in.
Anyway kid was going around getting autographs and jimmy Anderson sends him over to us, benkenstein, Gary Scott, mustard all sign. One of lads on my do (derek lumley wearing a Durham top) signs it. Kids goes over to Anderson and asks who this is, takes one look at us shakes head and walks away

Back