Rage Against the Machine Leeds and Reading 2020

I'm livid. The other headliners Maneskin have cancelled too. There are no refunds as apparently they have the right to change the line up.

Paid £94 each for the bairn and me plus £81 for a non-refundable Travelodge room to see Rage and Maneskin. There's no way I'd have paid that much money to see 1975!

I'm pissed off and grumpy now 🤬

The 1975 ffs :lol:

Shite for anyone who paid for RATM to have them as a replacement

The venn diagram of ‘75 fans and RATM fans…

Fair play to Reading for finding a replacement at short notice like. It’s always hard when the headliner pulls out in the thick of festival season as other bands have exclusivity clauses elsewhere or are playing on the continent. Primavera didn’t replace the strokes in June and they were pretty much the one reason I held onto my 2020 ticket. Shitehawks.

The venn diagram of ‘75 fans and RATM fans…

Fair play to Reading for finding a replacement at short notice like. It’s always hard when the headliner pulls out in the thick of festival season as other bands have exclusivity clauses elsewhere or are playing on the continent. Primavera didn’t replace the strokes in June and they were pretty much the one reason I held onto my 2020 ticket. Shitehawks.
Aye true, the only properly successful band replacement I can remember offhand was Pulp stepping in for The Stone Roses with a week's notice at Glastonbury 1995.

It must be a nightmare as a promoter tbf

I'm livid. The other headliners Maneskin have cancelled too. There are no refunds as apparently they have the right to change the line up.

Paid £94 each for the bairn and me plus £81 for a non-refundable Travelodge room to see Rage and Maneskin. There's no way I'd have paid that much money to see 1975!

So many tours are being cancelled this year - Aerosmith, Cheap Trick, Black Uhuru, Y&T, King`s X (although these last 2 are for health reasons)

Aye true, the only properly successful band replacement I can remember offhand was Pulp stepping in for The Stone Roses with a week's notice at Glastonbury 1995.

It must be a nightmare as a promoter tbf

Proper

I remember years ago we were cruising to number 1 in the charts with Wolf Alice’s debut album, then Dave Grohl broke his leg and Florence replaced him at Glastonbury - she sold a f***ing tonne of units of an album that come out the month before and we came second by just 500 copies :lol: Such an annoying chain of events but shows those big televised slots at the main festivals are gold dust.

I got done with Primus cancelling all europe shows ,basic face value ticket refund and hotels rooms lost

A band that thinks Coldplay are pushing the boundaries of punk rock.

Rage Against The Macchiato

"If you’re a kid from Tunbridge Wells and you’re going to Pitcher and Piano on a Thursday, where’s the music for you?"

To misquote Denis Leary, you're telling me Stevie Ray Vaughan is dead but we can't get these cûñts anywhere near a helicopter?

Seen them both once
Darkness way better that once !

Shocking bit of swapping like
I’ll take your world for it. Didn’t see the darkness. Was so off my tits that day that I hardly remember anything apart the looks of disapproval from my mates Scottish girlfriend towards us all! 🤣

They’re literally the complete opposite - bunch of privately educating toffs.

Might as well have let Matt Hancock do a turn
I Just mean content ,i dont buy into that posh kids cant be in bands and be angry or whatever
John gaunt used to rant on on the old Talk radio .Some of the best music ever has been from well to do kids ,or at least middle class
"If you’re a kid from Tunbridge Wells and you’re going to Pitcher and Piano on a Thursday, where’s the music for you?"

To misquote Denis Leary, you're telling me Stevie Ray Vaughan is dead but we can't get these cûñts anywhere near a helicopter?
Speed read that interview ,i'll reserve judgement when i hear them
Very little music is truly heartfelt and honest ,its role play and putting yourself in places ,they seem to be bright and don't seem to worry too much about what they should be looking and sounding like
There's some great songs about nothing
i liked the time when what a band said wasn't as important as the song
i love Shame,they are mad ,loud ,angry ,jumpy kids but quite posh judging by their speak

Last edited:

Can you not do a charge back on your card or something as that's a big change in the headliner, the T and Cs only ever mention the weekend tickets, obviously the travelodge is lost unless you just go to Leeds for the weekend, but could always phone them and ask to just get credit as some 13 year old 1975 fan might be now begging their mum (it'll never be mam) to take them.

Can you not do a charge back on your card or something as that's a big change in the headliner, the T and Cs only ever mention the weekend tickets, obviously the travelodge is lost unless you just go to Leeds for the weekend, but could always phone them and ask to just get credit as some 13 year old 1975 fan might be now begging their mum (it'll never be mam) to take them.

I've asked Ticketmaster politely for a refund and if I get a no reply, I was going to investigate Section 75. Replacing two feisty rock bands with one teenage pop band is a major change IMO.

Travelodge is at Tadcaster as we only booked it a couple of months but the bairn has been asking to go to some outlet shopping place near York, so maybe we could go there instead! I hate shopping like ☺️

Proper

I remember years ago we were cruising to number 1 in the charts with Wolf Alice’s debut album, then Dave Grohl broke his leg and Florence replaced him at Glastonbury - she sold a f***ing tonne of units of an album that come out the month before and we came second by just 500 copies :lol: Such an annoying chain of events but shows those big televised slots at the main festivals are gold dust.
Ahh man. You telling me you are on friendly terms with Ellie narl?

I've asked Ticketmaster politely for a refund and if I get a no reply, I was going to investigate Section 75. Replacing two feisty rock bands with one teenage pop band is a major change IMO.

Travelodge is at Tadcaster as we only booked it a couple of months but the bairn has been asking to go to some outlet shopping place near York, so maybe we could go there instead! I hate shopping like ☺️
I was just reading a few of the angry replies on twitter and they seemed to just be sending people links to the T&Cs on TM site saying they can change the line up but it says something about any major change so hopefully you get your money back as its not even they've got a small band who play the style style, it's a different genre.

Back