Rage Against the Machine Leeds and Reading 2020

Disappointing - would rather see them on their own bill.

Bollocks to that - they've not toured in ages. Just play the first n third albums (we'll forget Evil Empire and the cover album happened).
Bulls on Parade, People of the Sun, Year of the Boomerang and Tire Me are good songs off that album. I'm also working under the impression that new RATM stuff would not be like most bands' new stuff....rubbish.

Bulls on Parade, People of the Sun, Year of the Boomerang and Tire Me are good songs off that album. I'm also working under the impression that new RATM stuff would not be like most bands' new stuff....rubbish.
I kna man, was being facetious. It's just not as good a record as the other two.

The thing about RATM though, they don't actually need to do or say anything new. That first album is 28 year old and lyrically at least it's arguably more relevant than ever. The music stands up.

Last edited:
They are playing coachella as well, which is owned by a conservative Republican donor.

Rage against the machine indeed, unless the machine is paying your wages.
The festival takes place on the lawns of a polo club. I don't think it's anything new that the people at the top of the food chain there are Republicans.

The rest of the line up is as poor as it always is these days. Saturday is particularly wank. There are literally no bands worth leaving the campsite for.

I used to be a regular at Leeds 15 years ago, and the whole festival used to be brimmed full of decent bands with timings conflicting with each other. And yes, I’m over 30.

Me and my mates used to go when the range was really diverse and you had something for everyone. One year had fear factory and Eminem. You could go to the tent and see ice-t, and then see the deftones later on. Used to always be a good lineup but then they changed and it was definitely for the worse

Back