Rage Against the Machine Leeds and Reading 2020

RATM aside that line up has to be one of the worst ever :eek:
It makes me sad. For years you could guarantee Leeds would be jam packed with people you’d heard of, classic bands and new bands alike. Nowadays, headliners apart, they’ve completely kicked the classic bands into touch.

So they were class 15 years ago................

Somebody just offered me tickets for Bowling for Soup or some fucker next door tonight, never heard of them..............

It makes me sad. For years you could guarantee Leeds would be jam packed with people you’d heard of, classic bands and new bands alike. Nowadays, headliners apart, they’ve completely kicked the classic bands into touch.
I haven't been since 2009 like. Maybe the bands that are on are really good, I just haven't heard of them - the great music making of 1965-2005 seems to be lost forever.

Not surprised - music to lowp about like an idiot to. Hence the grow up comment. I'm not interested in 'audience reaction' though.
So you’d rather stand in a field with thousands of people tapping their feet and stroking their chins than garn mental bouncing up and down, surfing, on shoulders, smoke bombs etc?
Isn’t that the whole point of festivals? Gan radge for a weekend with no responsibilities?

So you’d rather stand in a field with thousands of people tapping their feet and stroking their chins than garn mental bouncing up and down, surfing, on shoulders, smoke bombs etc?
Isn’t that the whole point of festivals? Gan radge for a weekend with no responsibilities?
I'd rather there was a decent turn on with decent songs. How people want to enjoy themselves in the meantime is up to them.

I'd rather there was a decent turn on with decent songs. How people want to enjoy themselves in the meantime is up to them.
But then that’s down to opinion. I saw Gerry once, didn’t take much notice, then hammered his album on Spotify and grew to love some (not all) of the songs.
But even you couldn’t help but get
I take it you’re not a big fan of the folk scene then?

But then that’s down to opinion. I saw Gerry once, didn’t take much notice, then hammered his album on Spotify and grew to love some (not all) of the songs.
But even you couldn’t help but get

I take it you’re not a big fan of the folk scene then?
It is. And I'm saying if jumping about to some novelty act, singing his novelty song in his novelty hat is your idea of a good time it's probably time to grow up.

:lol: "Folk scene".

Back