Racism at Yorkshire CCC

[
You didn't answer the question

Remind me of the question again?
So you have Gary Ballance saying racist stuff and apologising. You have Hoggard saying racist stuff and apologising. David Lloyd admitting to saying stuff after Rafiq accused him of it and apologising. All that and you think he would make stuff up about Vaughan and Bresnan? What would the point of that be? What Rafiq is it isn’t is a separate argument.

Only Rafiq can answer that regarding Vaughan but the evidence is absolutely piss poor and will get laughed out.

I am shocked how poor Rashid's evidence was.

[

Remind me of the question again?

Only Rafiq can answer that regarding Vaughan but the evidence is absolutely piss poor and will get laughed out.

I am shocked how poor Rashid's evidence was.

I can't argue with and also agree when its two versions of events on recall its hard to secure a guilty verdict. Its why rape convictions for example are notoriously difficult to secure convictions on and why so many rapists get away with it.

Not much comment on testimony today that Rafiq himself used the phrase "you lot" and that seems to be entirely uncontroversial?

But Vaughan accepted in his evidence that if this had been said in the context Rafiq alleges, it would be unacceptable and racist. I thought he had denied saying it, but he seemed to be saying that he had no recollection of saying it - which is not the same thing. Curiouser and curiouser!

But Vaughan accepted in his evidence that if this had been said in the context Rafiq alleges, it would be unacceptable and racist. I thought he had denied saying it, but he seemed to be saying that he had no recollection of saying it - which is not the same thing. Curiouser and curiouser!
As has been said countless times, to say it would be entirely in keeping with his character. However, the proving of it is the stumbling block which I can't see being overcome.

Would hate to think what language was used in the Yorkshire dressing room of the 60s and 70s if modern day players are anything to go by.

The disciplinary panel said on 7 March that they will give a judgment by the end of the month. Still a few days yet. There won’t be any penalty imposed until they have reached a decision on the disputed issues.

One thing for certain is the won't be busted down to div2. Not this season as it's too late to change the fixtures.

They might get a heavy points deduction though to guarantee finishing bottom this season.

If it ends up being a small deduction and a paltry fine there'll be hell on.

When you have watched the ECB hamstring Durham for decades to come in such summary fashion, you understand that they can act swiftly and decisively when they want to.

This is now beyond a joke, and stinks to high heaven.
Exactly. Took them what, a couple of days to ruin Durham. It's nearly three years now since the Yorkshire allegations first came to light and they still appear to be dithering over what, if anything, they're going to punish them with. It's an utter disgrace and embarrassing for the game

Back