Racism at Yorkshire CCC

Vaughan's lawyer Christopher Stoner is now addressing Adil Rashid.

He starts by asking about the 22 June 2009 and whether it was a day or night game.

Rashid says he cannot recall that.

He is asked where it took place and replies: "Nottingham."

Rashid is asked the result and says he cannot remember.

:lol: :lol: haway man

In fairness if someone asked me the result of a game I played in June of 2009 away to Shotley Bridge i'm not sure i could recall it. Vaughan will no doubt have said it - its right in line with the type of historical social media comments he's said in the past. He may or may not remember but if you use that type of language casually then you probably wouldn't.

In fairness if someone asked me the result of a game I played in June of 2009 away to Shotley Bridge i'm not sure i could recall it. Vaughan will no doubt have said it - its right in line with the type of historical social media comments he's said in the past. He may or may not remember but if you use that type of language casually then you probably wouldn't.

I'd recall it if I was calling someone out as a racist. Rashid can't even recall if it was a day or night game

If you can remember what someone said you should have no issues remembering the result or at the very least whether it was a day or night game.

Reading the reporting on BBC Sport, Rashid seems to have a bizarre memory

I'd recall it if I was calling someone out as a racist. Rashid can't even recall if it was a day or night game

If you can remember what someone said you should have no issues remembering the result or at the very least whether it was a day or night game.

Eh you reckon if you were calling someone out as a racist for a comment 14 years ago you should remember whether you won or lost that game :confused: hes remembering someone using racist language who has a history of using racist language. Should he be able to remember what he had for breakfast 14 years ago on the day he was on the other end of racist comments. Its a line of attack simply designed to muddy waters - an effective one tbf.

You’d recall the incident, not necessarily everything else about the day

I don’t remember what time a meeting I had last week was, but I remember one of the conversations

You’d recall the incident, not necessarily everything else about the day

I don’t remember what time a meeting I had last week was, but I remember one of the conversations

Haway man he couldn't even remember how he got to the ground. He seems to remember nowt about the day. Doesn't add up, this will get laughed out and rightly so
Eh you reckon if you were calling someone out as a racist for a comment 14 years ago you should remember whether you won or lost that game :confused: hes remembering someone using racist language who has a history of using racist language. Should he be able to remember what he had for breakfast 14 years ago on the day he was on the other end of racist comments. Its a line of attack simply designed to muddy waters - an effective one tbf.

What you had for breakfast 14 year ago is a bit different to remembering whether a game was day or night during an alleged racist incident he seemingly has a very clear memory of though his wording of the incident has changed several times.

Stoner asks if Rashid's favoured method of communicating with Rafiq is by WhatsApp. Rashid says yes, and adds "phone calls".

He agrees with Stoner that WhatsApp is an important channel of communication between him and his friends.

Stoner says that "guessing what Rafiq has been through", Rashid would want to "support him and keep up to date with him". "Yes, that's true," Rashid says.

Stoner says there therefore must be WhatsApp messages between the them relating to the allegations made. "No there isn't," says Rashid.

"Not one single WhatsApp relating to this matter?" Stoner asks. Rashid asks for clarification on which matter Stoner is referring to.

"Not one single WhatsApp on the allegation relating to Michael Vaughan?". "No."

"Not one single WhatsApp with George Dobell regarding the allegation against Michael Vaughan?". "No."

:lol: :lol:

Last edited:
Haway man he couldn't even remember how he got to the ground.
It was 2009.

No one remembers everything about every situation.

Pick a random football match from 15 years ago. You’ll probably remember the score. And the scorers. Because that resonates with you.

Unless you had a fixed routine, I doubt you could remember which pub you went to first, what you drank, what you ate, who you talked to, about what, and even whether it was a Saturday or a Sunday match.

Years ago I could tell you who won every cup final from the 1970s, I’m actually struggling to recall who won it last year.

It was 2009.

No one remembers everything about every situation.

Pick a random football match from 15 years ago. You’ll probably remember the score. And the scorers. Because that resonates with you.

Unless you had a fixed routine, I doubt you could remember which pub you went to first, what you drank, what you ate, who you talked to, about what, and even whether it was a Saturday or a Sunday match.

Years ago I could tell you who won every cup final from the 1970s, I’m actually struggling to recall who won it last year.

If someone made a racist comment about a team mate of mine, I'd remember most things about the day. This was an alleged racist incident, not just a random thing.

This will hopefully be thrown out, his "evidence" is embarrassing

Fair do, stand by what I've said & I cannot stand Vaughan but this is an embarrassment.

Trust me I would.

Easy work this for Vaughan's lawyer.

I think I’m right in saying that Vaughan’s case is that this never happened. I wonder therefore whether he will be able to give the tribunal these details when he gives evidence? Just as likely, I suppose, that his account may be woolly as well? All will be revealed shortly I expect.

If someone made a racist comment about a team mate of mine, I'd remember most things about the day. This was an alleged racist incident, not just a random thing.

You really wouldn’t. It will probably get thrown out essentially one word against another. However I would bet my life savings he said it - it’s exactly the type of thing he’s communicated before. Why would Rafiq tell the truth about Ballance who admitted and apologised but make it up against Vaughan?

You really wouldn’t. It will probably get thrown out essentially one word against another. However I would bet my life savings he said it - it’s exactly the type of thing he’s communicated before. Why would Rafiq tell the truth about Ballance who admitted and apologised but make it up against Vaughan?
I would bet a lot of money he didn't say it and I say that as someone who doesn't like Vaughan. Whole thing is an absolute embarrassment and a total waste of time. I believe Vaughan on this. Rafiq is hardly an angel himself.

I would bet a lot of money he didn't say it and I say that as someone who doesn't like Vaughan. Whole thing is an absolute embarrassment and a total waste of time. I believe Vaughan on this. Rafiq is hardly an angel himself.
So you have Gary Ballance saying racist stuff and apologising. You have Hoggard saying racist stuff and apologising. David Lloyd admitting to saying stuff after Rafiq accused him of it and apologising. All that and you think he would make stuff up about Vaughan and Bresnan? What would the point of that be? What Rafiq is it isn’t is a separate argument.

14 years man… there’s no way I could accurately recollect something important from a year ago.

Back