Racism at Yorkshire CCC

more questionale stuff coming out about rafiq

I have bit my lip a bit on this, but the reason I havent totally backed him is heard so much about him before and after he made his allegations. I am not defending people who have wronged up, but he was an extremely questionable character who I wouldnt have wanted at Durham personally.

Its a tricky issue like, as you dont wanna seem like you are siding with racism etc, and am really not. I am not sure how to word it, but they way is snowballed and that MPs committee hearing was a total farce, bit of a stitch up really and just MPs trying to make themselves look good.

it was never the full story. there was a full independent invetsigation commissioned by Yorkshire and the people who caried that out have no affilitiation wih the club, and included several leading British Asians, and there is a reason why so many of the complaints were not upheld
I don’t wanna have ago at certain posters but why are they so quiet about certain news then just all over others?

Last edited:

I have bit my lip a bit on this, but the reason I havent totally backed him is heard so much about him before and after he made his allegations. I am not defending people who have wronged up, but he was an extremely questionable character who I wouldnt have wanted at Durham personally.

Its a tricky issue like, as you dont wanna seem like you are siding with racism etc, and am really not. I am not sure how to word it, but they way is snowballed and that MPs committee hearing was a total farce, bit of a stitch up really and just MPs trying to make themselves look good.

it was never the full story. there was a full independent invetsigation commissioned by Yorkshire and the people who caried that out have no affilitiation wih the club, and included several leading British Asians, and there is a reason why so many of the complaints were not upheld
I don’t wanna have ago at certain posters but why are they so quiet about certain news then just all over others?
Whats out now like ?

I decided to bow out of this thread ages ago - I didn't really like the direction it was going and didn't really want to fall out with people. However one more post :lol:
You will I have no doubt get a drip, drip of even more information about Rafiq that will make your opinion of him stronger. I would only ask you to question where the information is coming from. Hes a complex character who has made well publicised mistakes himself but his character has in part been shaped by the racism he has himself encountered and his mental health has suffered terribly as a result.

I decided to bow out of this thread ages ago - I didn't really like the direction it was going and didn't really want to fall out with people. However one more post :lol:
You will I have no doubt get a drip, drip of even more information about Rafiq that will make your opinion of him stronger. I would only ask you to question where the information is coming from. Hes a complex character who has made well publicised mistakes himself but his character has in part been shaped by the racism he has himself encountered and his mental health has suffered terribly as a result.
I’m sorry, but it sounds like you’re making excuses for him tbh. Complex character? If the allegations of him twice exposing himself are true, I’m not sure how you can play that off as him being a complex character, or put it down to his mental health suffering because of racism.

Whatever, there are unsavoury elements to this entire situation on both sides of the divides. He’s definitely wronged and been wronged against, in my view.

I’ve lived and worked in Yorkshire in the past, long enough to know that racism most definitely works both ways.

The point Rat makes about the Select committee hearing being a bit of a whitewash and the wider reaction to it all is valid, imo and I have to say I fully agree with his post.

I’m sorry, but it sounds like you’re making excuses for him tbh. Complex character? If the allegations of him twice exposing himself are true, I’m not sure how you can play that off as him being a complex character, or put it down to his mental health suffering because of racism.

Whatever, there are unsavoury elements to this entire situation on both sides of the divides. He’s definitely wronged and been wronged against, in my view.

I’ve lived and worked in Yorkshire in the past, long enough to know that racism most definitely works both ways.

The point Rat makes about the Select committee hearing being a bit of a whitewash and the wider reaction to it all is valid, imo and I have to say I fully agree with his post.
Fair enough - I wish I hadn't replied tbh and realised as soon as I had posted reply. My bad.

Last edited:

I heard stuff about him well before this racism stuff mind

You can’t just excuse away all his behaviour on that like

How’s that related to exposing yourself to a lass?

As I said there’s already been an independent investigation
Fair enough - I wish I hadn't replied tbh and realised as soon as I had posted reply. My bad.

I dont understand this post mind, we are talking like adults about it, about a subject that deserves conversation. Dont think theres been any cheap shots or anything.

Last edited:
Ive no doubt rafiq was the victim of racism. Ive no doubt racism was the norm on occasions at YCCC. Im not convinced every negative thing he suffered was as a result of being asian. I’ve got a feeling there is a bit of a “rabbit off” with him tbh. It’ll come out one day.

Ive no doubt rafiq was the victim of racism. Ive no doubt racism was the norm on occasions at YCCC. Im not convinced every negative thing he suffered was as a result of being asian. I’ve got a feeling there is a bit of a “rabbit off” with him tbh. It’ll come out one day.
Im certain of it mate and tried to say so first up. Lots to come about our boy Rafiq

Not good news. Stopped following it in great detail but Waters from the Yorkshire Post and his cronies within the club appear to have got their wish

Back