R.I.P. Peter Turns aka Bandit1973

• Thread starter Manchester red n white
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have just phoned the club to ask about the possibility for a minutes silence &/or black armbands for the next game. They will get back to me today.

Manc RednWhite please pm me.

the streaker said:
Just a thought and as a mark of respect for one of of our own who has gone in such tragic circumstances but what do folk think of changing their signature on the day his family send him on his way to something like "RIP Peter rest in peace mate"

Thoughts....?

Edit.and/or use the lads avatar as well??

Great idea imo.

Malta said:
I have just phoned the club to ask about the possibility for a minutes silence &/or black armbands for the next game. They will get back to me today.

Manc RednWhite please pm me.

Thanks alot mate, that will be really good if we can get this done.

Spuddyboy

daveydavey said:
A pre-longed two hour posting ban on the morning of the funeral would be better,with this thread moved to the top of the gold board forever. IMO.
Disagree davey2. I think the Bandit1973 would want there to be lots of 'banter' on his day. Let's celebrate his life not mourn his death. This thread proves his time with us has improved the lives of others, even those of us that never met him. Streaks I'm up for an avvy change in his memory mate.

Has anyone thought about contacting the club to get a mention in the matchday programme - might be a little late now for the game on Monday, but maybe the re-arranged game vs Fulham.

I remember when my former history teacher was killed in a car crash, they put his photo and a few comments on a page in the programme for him. was a really nice gesture by the club. (trevor bailey from south shields - some may have known him)

Just a thought, his family might have already considered this anyway.

Another suggestion maybe to get his name put on one of those bricks at the stadium??? again just a thought (don't shoot me down as i am just thinking out loud from past experiences really)

He seems to have been such a popular bloke. A tribute in whatever way from the RTG/SMB would be nice. Although a lot of us never knew the lad, at the end of the day he was one of us really.

Last edited by a moderator:
novice poster said:
Disagree davey2. I think the Bandit1973 would want there to be lots of 'banter' on his day. Let's celebrate his life not mourn his death. This thread proves his time with us has improved the lives of others, even those of us that never met him. Streaks I'm up for an avvy change in his memory mate.

I'm inclined to agree with that. Davey's suggestion is a good one, but it could so easily be breached by someone purely by accident. An avvy / sig change, donations to a charity / wreath / both and a whole load of banter in the lad's honour could be quite fitting.

Goes without saying that the opinion of those who knew Peter personally (MRAW, Steaky, Hully etc.) should be sought.

Its such a devastating waste of a good life.I send my most sincere heartfelt sympathy to all connected to Peter :cry:
Whilst at Man City's ground we went to the memorial garden which I thought was a tremendous idea...Im sure the club could find a space for our own?

R.I.P Bandit xxx

Wheatley Hill East Durham said:
Another suggestion maybe to get his name put on one of those bricks at the stadium??? again just a thought (don't shoot me down as i am just thinking out loud from past experiences really)

He seems to have been such a popular bloke. A tribute in whatever way from the RTG/SMB would be nice. Although a lot of us never knew the lad, at the end of the day he was one of us really.

If OK with his family, I think a brick from the SMB would be a fitting tribute. Although I'm sure we could come up with more than the price of one brick between us.

Like everyone else it's hard to know what to say, but my genuine thoughts are with his family and friends.

Spuddyboy said:
All the suggestions made for a rememberance of Peter are really good ideas. If anyone could make either the Black bands or the minutes silence at the Stadium of Light, happen that would be an amazing gesture to him.
I'm trying to get something sorted at school in the ICT department to remember him by. I was thinking getting a Sunderland shirt with 'Turns 1' on the back and getting it framed with a plaque on it.

Mr Turns was a great teacher but most of all an amazing friend, he really does deserve to be remembered and I think it's fitting to remember him whilst involving the club he loved

Ben, I think this is a fantastic idea.

I don't want to sound patronising but reading your posts makes me feel hopeful for the future at a time when most of the news we hear would suggest otherwise.

Spuddyboy said:
All the suggestions made for a rememberance of Peter are really good ideas. If anyone could make either the Black bands or the minutes silence at the Stadium of Light, happen that would be an amazing gesture to him.
I'm trying to get something sorted at school in the ICT department to remember him by. I was thinking getting a Sunderland shirt with 'Turns 1' on the back and getting it framed with a plaque on it.

Mr Turns was a great teacher but most of all an amazing friend, he really does deserve to be remembered and I think it's fitting to remember him whilst involving the club he loved

Great idea that. Have a word with your head teacher Ben, i'm sure he will be more than willing to help you with this. It's obvious he was a very popular teacher.

Some people have had the good idea of contributing towards a wreath for Tunsy’s funeral, or perhaps making a charity donation to one of his favourite charities.

Mike (Manchester red n white) agrees that this is a great idea and will speak to his family about any cause that Peter has perhaps mentioned, but I’m sure a wreath from his friends on the SMB would also be very well received.

In the meantime, I have set up a paypal account to which any donations can be made. I also have a bank account to which transfers can be made. I don’t need to tell you that any donations made will be wholly towards a wreath and / or a suitable charity nominated by the Turns family. (which I will run by the SMB as soon as I know).

You can donate to [email protected]

Or pm me for bank details.

Hully

RIP.

Thoughts are with his Family

Has anyone got the contacts in the club to try and organise a minutes silence on Monday.

The lad deserves it more than the last 10 people we have had to endure at the SoL

Billy the fish said:
RIP.

Has anyone got the contacts in the club to try and organise a minutes silence on Monday.

The lad deserves it more than the last 10 people we have had to endure at the SoL

Concurred, Malta has and was waiting to hear back.

Billy the fish said:
RIP.

agree 100% iv been trying to get in touch with the club regarding the minute of silence but they told me they are all ready considering whether or not to allow this. I sincerely hope they do would be so great for the lad and his family.

JUst like to add my condolences to his family and mates. Didn`t know the lad but an awful story. RIP Peter.

Deepest condolences to family and friends from all in Ukraine...our thoughts are with you.

This is heartbreaking.

Do any of you know if this lad is related to the Turns family in Dawdon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back